RV v.s Showtime

MC was used to dominating. For the first time in his career he felt/knew he could be beat. That little red headed short dude got in his head. RC was stronger, fitter, and just plain hungrier. Ask RC's mom. She had to make Ricky train as he was prone to being a chubby dude. Once he got his fitness dialed he became what we now know as the GOAT.

The year before MC went to KTM (when they were lame) I remember him saying he had stepped up his training to compete with RC. I think by this time MC was over it. As I remember it, he never finished a season again.

that was supposed to quote the rc party one. Damn phone.
  • Like 1

If you put them in their primes on a good track from 1992-98 on two strokes, McGrath would own him every time out. Put them on today's freeways on four strokes that both cater to throttle heavy wild riding and RV would win.

The problem is that only half of them would be in their prime. You are talking about puting guys that are at the peak of their carreer, training every day and racing with the fastest in the world every weekend, and puting them against guys that are twice as old, haven't trained in years, and haven't raced at that level in years. Maybe if you had a time machine it would be cool, other than that I don't think it would be much to watch.

not even half... that window when you are in your prime is only for a few years. The longevity of RC and McGrath are exceptions, not the norm.

If McGrath was 25 years old today, RV wouldn't have a single SX title.

I know you know your stuff, I respect what you say, but do you really think MC in his prime has anything for RV in his prime? It seems sx is a lot harder now with more training and strength needed than it used to be. RV said the old timers had it easy, I don't know since I am no where close to amateur let alone pro but just curious how you came to that conclusion.

Yeah, but he proved to all the nay sayers he can do it if he wants to.

And that was my biggest gripe with the guy. Then he went SX only

I have more respect for guys like Emig that worked their ass off trying to beat McGrath at SX. I liked their work ethic. That's why I like RC, Bubba and these new guys....RV & RD....more than McGrath or Reed

• Like 1

You guys are putting to much emphasis on strength, supercross is a 12-15 minute sprint where smoothness and fluidity rules over strength . The stronger don't always win or Larocco, Kiedrowski and Hughes, who all trained every bit as hard as RV, would all be multi time champions.

A smooth rider who is willing to hang it out will win over a less talented stronger rider.

• Like 1

You guys are putting to much emphasis on strength, supercross is a 12-15 minute sprint where smoothness and fluidity rules over strength . The stronger don't always win or Larocco, Kiedrowski and Hughes, who all trained every bit as hard as RV, would all be multi time champions.

A smooth rider who is willing to hang it out will win over a less talented stronger rider.

RV is pretty fluid too. It's not like he is muscling the bike around and he definitely isn't a power lifter. He's 5'6" and weighs 150lbs FFS.

• Like 2

Yeah but how about an equally talented stronger rider? Correct me if i am wrong but is it fair to say The GOAT was one of the strongest and most well rounded training racers of all time also? Sure guys like Hughes and larocco were well trained but they didn't have RC's talent. When you put the talent and the strength together you've got the ultimate combo. I have a hard time believing McGrath had so much talent that he in his prime was better than the other most talented racers of all time who also put in the work.
  • Like 2