250 Beta Second Ride Report!

Nice vid. Like the look of those trails

Yes Onion Lakes is wicked! Thanks for the kind comments hope with the sound people can see how this bike lugs and shows ease of the ride...cheers dave

Sorry, not going to happen as I would not waste a day riding either of those bikes to compare it to the 250/300, as the 250/300 2 strokes are far lighter, far lighter feeling, turn better, cause me to have way more fun and feel totally rad on the trials I love to ride. Sorry but if you ride open sand and wide open trails like baja a four stroke is what you want, but there is no comparison in the tight stuff, 2 strokes rule. I say this having ridden only 4 strokes up until I got this 250! Why do you need a 350/400/450 in tight trails? your not in 4th,5th or 6th gear pinned so the only reason would be the torque and these woods ready 2 strokes have all the torque you ever need. Just visit the ktm forum on guys who have ridden 450's of any model and then switched to a 300 2 stroke. They are much happier, ride faster and are having more fun. Period!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the review... where did you buy your beta? Why the 250 over the 300? Im a taller rider had to mod my old 450x which i loved but I am looking at going back to 2 stroke... how hard are these Italian bikes to mod for after market products? Is there good support for Service in BC? My parents live in Vancouver so going to a dealer down there won't be a problem... Great video's keep them coming

thanks for the review... where did you buy your beta? Why the 250 over the 300? Im a taller rider had to mod my old 450x which i loved but I am looking at going back to 2 stroke... how hard are these Italian bikes to mod for after market products? Is there good support for Service in BC? My parents live in Vancouver so going to a dealer down there won't be a problem... Great video's keep them coming

You can purchase Beta Trials or Enduro from Diamond Head Yamaha in Squamish, talk to Harvey and or Gnarly Parts, or Mountain Motorcycle in Port Coquitlam, talk to Bob, but I dont think he has more or is getting any, so what is at dealers is it...basically the 250 or 300 2stroke is easy to mod, not that you need to as it has plenty of power and is light and nimble off the floor, maybe suspension and a few protection goodies and a spark arrested pipe...service is easy on a 2 stroke and any one can do it...there are a few different parts specific to Beta but parts are easy to get from Trials Plus as they stock everything...easier in many cases than ktm now which sometimes parts can be hard to get as they run out and dont stock a lot...I have 800km on my 2 stroke 250 and love it, I am 145 5'5 so no need for a 300 and if you race the 300 is the bike to get but riding the 250 has more power than a pro needs. With ktm the race bike to get is the 250 over the 300 but with beta it is the opposite....compared to your 450x this bike will seem like a dream to ride...450 4 strokes are pigs and as JSR says to powerful, they de-tune them...even his 350 ktm he ride is de-tuned...whatever you get, hope you enjoy it...cheers dave