Sign in to follow this  

First ride back from surgery. Pics

Everyone gives me a hard time for being 35 and going through ankle surgery, and wanting to get back on a bike. I love it too much to give it up. Had a great first ride back in nearly 4 months. 112 degrees that day, but I didnt care in the least bit!!

46550858dsc6357.jpg

46550857dsc5952.jpg

Love neon contrast on the black background. Sharp. Ride till ya die.

just going through compound tib fracture, im on week 4 and in an air cast i started the 450 that i crashed on lol needed to hear her. good to see you back riding, mad props lil bit jelous

Man that sucks. I sustained my injury on 02/25. Spiral fracture in my fibia. 6 pins and a plate in my right ankle. Just on a stupid roll over in a slow corner. Soft tissue injury will be the hardest to recover from. I ripped most of my tendons/ ligaments in my ankle. Spent nearly 2 months in physical therapy working HARD just to be able to sprint again. Its hard when you don't use your ankle/ leg for a long time. This was a 3 1/2 month recovery. I'm sure yours is much worse than mine :)

88615010200365139562777.jpg

will post x rays, I watched the surgery process that I received on you tube lol yikes quite the jig they have for it lol lots of cnc jig parts. and titanium in the ol tibia bone right down the center, its been 31 days im starting physio next week should prove challenging. I got a 2 wheeld reason to keep pushn.

Good for you man! I am still recovering from an ACL reconstruction I tore on my bike. Sounds very simmular to your fall over not much too it, I didnt even crash. Like you I am 35 and all the guys at work are like well you selling your bike now and Im like no and they just shake their heads. Yea it prob would be smart to sell it but I just enjoy it so much. Im not supposed to ride till Aug so just wating it out.......

I broke my fibia on the bike in July 2011 , and was back riding Moto X in November , AT 56 YEARS YOUNG !

• Like 2

been there as well..split/cracked the bottom of my tibia..out of commision 3/4 months 14 screws and 2 plates-no weight blah blah blah. It takes a while to recover but it you will be good enough to ride/race again. I definately lost the flexibility in there but i can still run/jog. Funny thing is MotoxJeff- i also live in Az and ride a 13' crf450 but my bike is #93-funny huh!