2001 cr250 jetting solved

There is also the new and the old version of the JD kit. The newer kit is designed not to need the nozzle replacement, they chnaged the neelde dimensions to adjust for the s9 needle jet. I believe that mine had a blue and a white needle and i used the white one.

• Like 1

Yeah, the stock carb is the short body tps. Like I said, I accidentally unscrewed the tube piece the mj screws into, so I know it's removable?

Interesting.. I remember talking to JD about it when I bought the kit from him & he mentioned he was sending me an s4 nozzle for the 01-03 mikuni. I've never tried to remove the one on my 07 with the tps mikuni. Will have to check it & report back.

Interesting.. I remember talking to JD about it when I bought the kit from him & he mentioned he was sending me an s4 nozzle for the 01-03 mikuni. I've never tried to remove the one on my 07 with the tps mikuni. Will have to check it & report back.

Yeah I have my TMX off anyway, I'll check it out later today.

Good info tho, I'll post a pic later, like I said I'm pretty sure it's the nozzle everyone mentions. I'd love to get the Mikuni dialed too, just for the sake of having that option.

Edited by JDubya381

There is also the new and the old version of the JD kit. The newer kit is designed not to need the nozzle replacement, they chnaged the neelde dimensions to adjust for the s9 needle jet. I believe that mine had a blue and a white needle and i used the white one.

Interesting to see he reconfigured the blue & red needles. I felt the older version needles with the s4 nozzle (JD kit) was to lean for mx use & would have been better suited for a woods trail rider. The combo seemed to zap the explosive power of the 2t & mellow it out. Almost like adding a fly wheel weight with a gnarly pipe combo.

Is your mikuni a shorter version with the tps ? The air nozzle is the long looking tube piece where the mj screws in. Can't remember exactly if it was the pj but I believe it was the mj that screws in it. Been a few yrs. since I used the mikuni.

yep, MJ screws into nozzle.

I went on JD's website & he does offer two different kits one for the 01-03 cr250 mikuni & a 04-07 cr250 tps mikuni. Can't confirm but it appears that Honda changed the nozzle to a leaner size on the 04-07 model. Only the 01-03 require the nozzle change as it came with an S9 size those years. Below are the part #'s to JD kits for the cr250's & a pic of the nozzle that came in the 01-03 mikuni.

01-03 CR250r - JDH013

04-07 CR250r - JDH005

01-03 nozzle pic

01-03cr250rnozzle.jpg

Huh, may have to look into an S7 nozzle for my 01. My jetting is the same as yours was, 400 main and a 30 pilot. Been having some problems on the low end though (have another thread about it). Not sure if its the new reeds or the leaner pilot because I was running a 35 pilot.

Huh, may have to look into an S7 nozzle for my 01. My jetting is the same as yours was, 400 main and a 30 pilot. Been having some problems on the low end though (have another thread about it). Not sure if its the new reeds or the leaner pilot because I was running a 35 pilot.

Ran good after the changes. On the trails last weekend and she was wanting more fuel when I opened it up. Threw in the 410 main and WOW! big difference. I might go ahead and try the 420 and see if that changes anything.

This x10

I'm sure the TMX can be made to run great. I had a good setup one day where the power felt endless. I still have the TMX for a reason, I'll run the PWK, check it out, run the TMX maybe sometime this summer. Seems like some of you dudes take it personal when people switch from the Mikuni.