Sign in to follow this  

Good job pirelli -_-

The only terrain a dirtbike tire will last 20 years on is sitting on a stand with both tires off the ground in a climate controlled garage to stop it from dry rotting. Hitting it with some armor all would help as well.

A dirtbike tire SHOULD last 20 years. I guess dirtbikes should also make 75 hp with motors that run on water, air filters dont need cleaning and oil that lasts as long as the tires.

This ain't the sport for you.

Damn all great ideas...you should go work for one of the manufacturers :thumbsup:

Not saying the tire SHOULD last 20 years, I am saying that if a tire can last 20 years, than it shouldn't be hard for another tire to last longer than 1 year.

Don't you think if the tire was really defective, then more of the knobs would be doing the same thing? Including the ones in the middle.

There's nothing wrong with the tire, you rode over something sharp and it ripped the knob, chalk it down to poor line choice and move on.

BTW, what kind of terrain do you ride on mostly, and that front is a mid-soft right?

Also, saying that because one tire lasted 20 years they all should last a long time, is like saying because honey can last 100 years, all food should. If its not the companies are ripping us all off.

Are you sure you understand how tires work?

Edited by noobi

Don't you think if the tire was really defective, then more of the knobs would be doing the same thing? Including the ones in the middle.

There's nothing wrong with the tire, you rode over something sharp and it ripped the knob, chalk it down to poor line choice and move on.

BTW, what kind of terrain do you ride on mostly, and that front is a mid-soft right?

Also, saying that because one tire lasted 20 years they all should last a long time, is like saying because honey can last 100 years, all food should. If its not the companies are ripping us all off.

Are you sure you understand how tires work?

ride this all the time, no sharp rocks, roots. never had this problem in the 3 years I rode my trail. it's always soft. basically, since I never seen it, friends never seen it. people who have been riding off road for 20+ years never seen it. never seen pictures of it, I find it hard to believe, that it happens all the time....If I was riding a sand tire, that is meant for mud, or sand only, and road that for over a year on my trail, or anywhere else I would find that hard to believe, because it's not build for durability....

Why would you want food to last 100 years? if it did, it's pumped full of preservatives, which are very unhealthy....

Edited by LukeBrinkerhoff

ride this all the time, no sharp rocks, roots. never had this problem in the 3 years I rode my trail. it's always soft. basically, since I never seen it, friends never seen it. people who have been riding off road for 20+ years never seen it. never seen pictures of it, I find it hard to believe, that it happens all the time....If I was riding a sand tire, that is meant for mud, or sand only, and road that for over a year on my trail, or anywhere else I would find that hard to believe, because it's not build for durability....

Why would you want food to last 100 years? if it did, it's pumped full of preservatives, which are very unhealthy....

If the tire was defective, it would have much more damage and deterioration than a single knob.

But rock and root free, except for the roots and rocks.

Honey has an indefinite shelf life, and does so with no preservatives, but its a freak like that.

Like food, if a tire lasts for a long long time then it is generally rubbish anyway.

Whoa

Whoa

Whoa...

You had a Pirelli tire last an entire year?

beat me to it... that musta been one hell of a fluke that you got the 1 quality Pirelli tire. those things are trash.

Hmmm. I've just put my first Pirelli XCMS on my front rim. So far in two rides in loamy/sand conditions it has been better than perfect. Sure hope it lasts.

Had to register with ThumperTalk to say this is one of most hilarious threads I've ever seen. I hope he is not trolling! Who sends a warranty request for a $70 dirt bike tire?

20 years!?!?!? I'm psyched if a tire lasts a month!

• Like 2

Had to register with ThumperTalk to say this is one of most hilarious threads I've ever seen. I hope he is not trolling! Who sends a warranty request for a $70 dirt bike tire?

20 years!?!?!? I'm psyched if a tire lasts a month!

gotta' agree.........this kid is NUTZ !! :smirk::bonk: I can't believe he has expended such time and effort on here discussing it......heck, I can't believe I have spent time on 2 posts on this subject, but I do agree......it is FUNNY!

Joe

LOL. Wowza.

What I'm getting from this is almost a conspiracy theory.

"Man, like watchout man, they're making our tires less durable man. Pretty soon they'll only last 2 laps man, they should last at least a year man. Like my uncle has a 20 year old tire man, with no knobs and no tread left man, but it still holds air man."

This is one of the funniest threads I've ever seen.

LOL. Wowza.

What I'm getting from this is almost a conspiracy theory.

"Man, like watchout man, they're making our tires less durable man. Pretty soon they'll only last 2 laps man, they should last at least a year man. Like my uncle has a 20 year old tire man, with no knobs and no tread left man, but it still holds air man."

This is one of the funniest threads I've ever seen.

It's rare for LOL to genuinely mean laugh-out-loud but your post genuinely made me laugh my ass off. LOL!

old, and "Very" worn out? still has the nipples, on it, it's not "very" worn out...read my post above, should last 20 years on the right terrain.

20 years? I can get about 20 hours out of one in loam/black dirt. The front tire can last a while, but rear tires are pretty disposable.