Sign in to follow this  

Thanks for riding the Los Ancianos Tecate Red Cross Benefit Trailride!

Thanks to all the riders who joined us for a great trail ride! Thanks to you we will be able to make a very nice donation to help the local Tecate Red Cross. We will also be providing some support for the primary school at Jacume, near the northeast end of Saturday's ride.

A big THANKS to the Santana family for hosting the event on their beautiful ranch and fixing fish tacos for around 100 riders and friends. All that ice cold Tecate tasted great after the ride and went well with the fiery habanero hot sauce on the tacos!:cool:

Thanks Ray, Paul, Kenny and anyone else who laid out the fabulous flowing 60 miles of single track at this past Saturday's ride.

I had a great time and rode new trails and some that I've only ridden at night. Sign me up for next year!

RAK San Diego

Great event, Los Ancianos. Awesome course, good food and people. Let me know if you guys need someone to fab up a vent for the BBQ area. Peligro de incendio!

Thanks to y'all for hosting, great trail ride, great food, great people. fun fun fun

You guys trumped me with your 1995 trail ride shirts to my 1996 trailride shirt...

Edited by robertaccio

Thanks to y'all for hosting, great trail ride, great food, great people. fun fun fun

You guys trumped me with your 1995 trail ride shirts to my 1996 trailride shirt...

I thought Frank and I had the oldest shirts, but then Rene Cortez from Tecate shows up wearing a pristine 1988 Tecate 250K Enduro t-shirt - winner!

• Like 1

Little late... But Id like to add a thank you to the list for the Ancianos. Once again another great weekend in baja! Great trails, Great food, and a great ride.

Along with supporting the local Red Cross all you riders also provided a bunch of happiness for the school kids at Jacume. The Los Ancianos provided the school there with a bunch of supplies and equipment to help both the kids and the teachers. The eastern part of the ride was located in the Jacume area and we want to thank the good people of Jacume for allowing us to ride through their lands. :-)

• Like 1

Any chance of this happening in 2014?

It is in the planning stages. No date yet, but the key people involved want it to happen.

It is in the planning stages. No date yet, but the key people involved want it to happen.

Latest news: this ride will be June 14, 2014. Similar format to last year, proceeds focused on charities in the general Tecate area.

I will post an announcement with more details next month.

• Like 1

Latest news: this ride will be June 14, 2014. Similar format to last year, proceeds focused on charities in the general Tecate area.

I will post an announcement with more details next month.

Fantastic! This was a great event last year and very worthy cause. Looking forward to it.

Bummer.. I was just wondering about this. Hopefully I'll be at the Oregon "funky chiken" Hare scramble that weekend.

Bummer for me as well, out of town that weekend for Father's Day, pretty sure that's what happened to me last year. If your interested in random requests any other weekend would be better... and yes I am pretty sure the world revolves around me.

Best of luck with the planning!

• Like 1

Hey ray or justin, will the trails for the enduro this year be simular to what you would use in the hare scramble? Simular milage? I know nothing about how enduros work, mostly just like riding your events

Hey ray or justin, will the trails for the enduro this year be simular to what you would use in the hare scramble? Simular milage? I know nothing about how enduros work, mostly just like riding your events

The Enduro will use similar trails, just no laps. There will be approximately 100+ miles with special timed test sections for scoring. There will be a chance to refuel and a "lunch" break before the final section. It will be an all day deal, so start training now :-)