Sign in to follow this  

Bent bars

Had a bit of a spill and bent my bars a bit. Does anybody have any tricks to straighten them? They are rental twin bars. Thanks

Had a bit of a spill and bent my bars a bit. Does anybody have any tricks to straighten them? They are rental twin bars. Thanks

I assume you mean Renthal and you're not renting the bars.

Alloy bars, throw them away or ride with them bent.

You could straighten them but they become a time bomb and could fail catastrophically with no warning.

Yea those oversized or twin wall bars are beefy as hell, g/l trying to bend them back... It really depends on how bad they are bent and I would also check for any other damage. Safest bet, new bars. Personally never bent a set of bars, but I would venture to say you need to clamp them in something (or leave them mounted on the bike) and slip on a strong pipe onto the handlebar end and go to town.

Yea those oversized or twin wall bars are beefy as hell, g/l trying to bend them back... It really depends on how bad they are bent and I would also check for any other damage. Safest bet, new bars. Personally never bent a set of bars, but I would venture to say you need to clamp them in something (or leave them mounted on the bike) and slip on a strong pipe onto the handlebar end and go to town.

That sounds about right, but aluminum fatigues when it is worked. If you bend them, they will now be weaker and more prone to failure.

• Like 1

It's just a small bend enough to notice. I'll just leave them for now and get used to it. Thanks for the info

It's just a small bend enough to notice. I'll just leave them for now and get used to it. Thanks for the info

if you get used to it then new bars will feel weird. im having that problem right now...

• Like 1

and your sure theyre bent and not the front end out of alignment/twisted triples?

Edited by ickfinger

I have had my clamps get knocked out of wack on my 2010 kxf. They are separate from the top triple clamp... give that a look if its set up like mine. #beers.

Make sure they aren't just tweaked in the mounts. Loosen everything up and give it a shake and then tighten it back down. Might make a difference.

There only back a bit on the left side, nothing major. I will check the clamps though.