Cross country linkage, anyone tried it......?

In the RR tips posted by American beta, they talk about the ability to install the shock link from the elusive cross country model to get 7mm more rear travel. (It also raises the ride height by 7mm)

In the literature about the CC model they say that the linkage was revised to better cope with harescramble type tracks. I'm assuming it helps with faster big hits, and whoops.

Has anyone tried this? We get some decent whoops in some of the riding areas around here and if this link changed the rising rate to help cope with that, it would be worth trying.

Not yet but I have them on order.

Interesting I didn't catch that that was different on the cross country...Hey it's another mod to try.. The bike is awesome stock but to me it's human nature to keep looking for more goodies to add to your bike. I'd get it too. For my 09' I have the little longer Beta race shock shaft that came on the Race replica.. it raises the bike a little bit too. Hey every little bit counts.. I'm running out of stuff to do to my bike and it was great from the start. Have you guys had your suspension done for your weight..racetech goldvalve or anything? I just ordered a goldvalve for my forks and I'll do that next..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
:ride: Edited by hawaiidirtrider

I got the CC linkage to my bike.2012 498rr

Side by side to the original they look almost identical.

The bike feels little more stable but i must service the rear so I can't say for sure

Do you have a link the the CC link...where you can buy it?

Do you have a link the the CC link...where you can buy it?

americanbeta can't get it?

Tim from American beta said it didn't really change the characteristics of the rear shock it just adds a little more travel

Here is where I got the info:

-On all RR models, the rear wheel travel can be increased by 7mm by installing the wish bone from our 2012 450 RR Cross Country model. This wishbone part number is 020-331300-000.

Tim from American beta said it didn't really change the characteristics of the rear shock it just adds a little more travel

Here is where I got the info:

-On all RR models, the rear wheel travel can be increased by 7mm by installing the wish bone from our 2012 450 RR Cross Country model. This wishbone part number is 020-331300-000.

Sounds similar as the longer shaft on the 09' that I got.. It's just 5mm more..

http://www.beta.boan...foto.asp?prd=18

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

americanbeta can't get it?

See no listing for it but i guess we've established it has. Part #. I think someone said American Beta had a section giving "tips" on setting up RR models and that was another thing I searched for and couldn't find.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1012428-rr-tips-from-beta/

See no listing for it but i guess we've established it has. Part #. I think someone said American Beta had a section giving "tips" on setting up RR models and that was another thing I searched for and couldn't find.