Sign in to follow this  

2013 Factory Suspension settings?

OK, well I do not have the money to send the bike off and get suspension done, so I will have to set it up the best i can with the factory stuff. I weight between 205-210# bout 6', ride mostly MX, but do a lil woods riding. Yesterday we rode a corner track and i had a hard time keeping the front wheel planted......Just need a lil help on settings, like how much air in the forks? How to set the sag etc..............

Try these - Fork reb 4 out from stock-fork comp 16 out- 33 psi / Shock -sag 105-108-h/s full out-comp 16 out-reb 2 in from stock. Balances and calms chassis, front end more planted

Thanks phil, Ima give it a try..........only thing im kinda surprised on is the 33psi. But i do like a lil softer type suspension.

Weighing that much you'll need more air pressure. I weigh 230+ geared up and run 38-40psi depending on the track.

Start there and if it feels soft go stiffer. Backing the H/S balances the chassis out as well as the sag which takes a load off the front. 38-40 psi seems like a lot of air but what ever works. Don't make big changes in air pressure. Go 1 or 2 psi at a time, that way you don't miss your window.

Start there and if it feels soft go stiffer. Backing the H/S balances the chassis out as well as the sag which takes a load off the front. 38-40 psi seems like a lot of air but what ever works. Don't make big changes in air pressure. Go 1 or 2 psi at a time, that way you don't miss your window.

Hey. Just in case u missed it....

Start there and if it feels soft go stiffer. Backing the H/S  balances the chassis out as well as the sag which takes a load off the front. 38-40 psi seems like a lot of air but what ever works. Don't make big changes in air pressure. Go 1 or 2 psi at a time, that way you don't miss your window.

40psi today, 8-10 out on compression, went up to 11 on rebound, still nfg and bottoming. Stock forks just need to be revalved a little stiffer if you have any speed at all, or weigh a lot.

Phil, I set it up like you said with the exception of the HS Comp on the shock (I didn't want to make too many changes at once). I went with 34lbs in the forks and 102 on the sag and it was pretty good. Next time out ill back off the HS Comp and see what change that makes. If anything I think I need to slow the rebound a click or two on the forks just to hold them down a little in the turns/ruts. Although it was holding nice, i just want to see if i can improve it. So far I'm loving the bike and the forks. The motor is nice, plenty of power for me. Ed I'm surprised you run the air pressure so high in the forks. Have you changed the oil height or valving?

Im really new to bikes........and even newer to all the lingo.........whats HS comp? And what exactly do u mean by 102 on the sag>???

These forks are bone stock. I have added and subtracted oil but you can't fix these with just an oil level change. When i close up the float on the mid-valve I can lower the air pressure. It's too much pressure for sure but the only way I can live with the bike with stock fork valving. Winchester yesterday, sandy and needed the high pressure, and stiff LSC, as a band-aid for the bad valving to keep the forks higher in the stroke. Still bottoming when attacking a sharp deep sandy turn, slows me down, upsets the balance, bad for end-of-jump kickers as there's nothing left for them.

Edited by Eddie8v

Im really new to bikes........and even newer to all the lingo.........whats HS comp? And what exactly do u mean by 102 on the sag>???

High Speed Compression and 102mm of sag. Sag is the amount the back of the bike sags/drops with the riders weight on the seat, You can read up on it in the owners manual.

Mike

Edited by Mike546

Ed, do you have the back overly stiff maybe putting too much weight on front end. Mike, back that H/S out! That is key!!!!!

Ed, do you have the back overly stiff maybe putting too much weight on front end. Mike, back that H/S out! That is key!!!!!

Ed, do you have the back overly stiff maybe putting too much weight on front end.

Nope...