Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha banshee vs rm 250

my friend just bought a rm250 and I will so be buying a banshee. he wants to race me and he says his rm with a pipe will out run the banshee with a set of pipes. the banshee will win right?

Gunna be a pretty close race.. Basically all depends on how quick you take off and when you shift. They both go around 75 to 80

i got one of each i cant seem to ride both at same time for a race

my friend just bought a rm250 and I will so be buying a banshee. he wants to race me and he says his rm with a pipe will out run the banshee with a set of pipes. the banshee will win right?

Are you inferring the machines are normally run without pipes? :blink:

• Like 1

Are you inferring the machines are normally run without pipes? :blink:

no it means that they both have after market pipes

Ive got a yz250 and banshee. The 250 dirtbike will beat any mildly modded sport bike. Hardest part is dirt bikes usually fight for ttraction. Once tue dirt bike hooks, game over.

With stock gearing, my banshee did low low 70s. 75-80 with pipes only is bs.

Apples to oranges but I believe to bike will jump out in front then the banshee will pull on it up top but really depends on soil conditions

I use to have a banshee and rode dirt bikes my whole life.  I've had LOTS of different bikes and a few quads over the years.  The ONLY thing that could touch my bashee in a drag race was a 450 mx bike.  As long as the banshee can get power to the ground (good traction) a 250 2 stroke won't have a prayer.  The problem is getting all that power from a Banshee to hook up.  I never had any problems getting my 2 stroke 250's to hook up when i had them.  That's why you see a lot of people taking bashee's and turning them into full street drag quads.  Now tell me how many 2 stroke 250 dirtbikes are turned into drag bikes?  None!  If a 250 2st really was that fast you'd see lots of guys using them at the drag strip instead of sport bikes.   And to the person that said a 250 2st will beat any mildly modded sport bike, you must be smoking crack!  I've raced both sport bikes and dirt bikes for years and have even had guys try to race me with their moto X bikes when i was on my sport bike.  Needless to say it was sad that they even wanted to try.  250 2st = about 30 mph tops in 2nd gear, my 1000cc sport bikes i've had over the years = right at 100 mph in 2nd gear.  I know the 2st revs faster, but in the time it takes you to change from 2nd to 3rd on a dirt bike, i'm already going faster in 2nd gear then the top speed in 5th gear on a 250 2st.

As long as both rider's skill levels are about equal and both rm250 and banshee get traction without much wheel spin, the banshee will win.

Edited by GosuPaintballer

Bike wins . Banshee loses.banshees down almost 10hp to the RM

• Like 1

Haha a 250 2 stroke dirt bike will just about beat everything. No argument. It's a fact. If you wanna say "hey you're wrong", don't. Because I'm not wrong.

You're wrong  :p

• Like 4

The banshee may get the. Rm on top due to gearing but I dont see how a quad with less hp to the ground and weighing in almost twice the bike wins. Also the banshee is a spinning machine.

ive owned both a 1996 Banshee and 2000 Suzuki RM 250... RM will win.. just watch the vid.

I believe a stock banshee is ~37hp and a stock rm250 is about ~45hp. No questions asked here, although the aftermarket is there to build banshees up.