Sign in to follow this  

FCR39 schematic ?

My bike sat for too long, and now doesn't want to run.. Figured I'd start with cleaning the carb but would be nice to know how things go back together

any online manuals for the FCR39 ?

And any reason why the petcock continues to drain on "on" or "res" shouldn't it be run by vacuum ? or have I been wrenching on other stuff to long?

seems maybe it continued to drain and flood the carb all this time. :(

Thanks guys!

My bike sat for too long, and now doesn't want to run.. Figured I'd start with cleaning the carb but would be nice to know how things go back together

any online manuals for the FCR39 ?

And any reason why the petcock continues to drain on "on" or "res" shouldn't it be run by vacuum ? or have I been wrenching on other stuff to long?

Thanks guys!

petcock probably needs to be rebuilt. everyone will tell you to just switch to the manual petcock though. make sure the needle and seat is good in the carb though...

Is the third option PRI or OFF ? If it is "OFF" you have a manual petcock already. If it is "PRI" then it is time to repair or replace your petcock.....

Edited by Mad Dogg W

Please keep in mind not all FCR carbs are the same. This is the older slant body style like used on the DRZ400E. Also note the throttle plate is shown up side down in this exploded view. DO NOT make that mistake on re-assembly.

so this wouldn't apply to a fcr-mx kit from the tt store which is the Flat model correct?

Edited by Bamboo

Some of the exploded view applies. Some does not. The major difference is the accelerator pump (AP) detail. All FCR carbs are flat slides and have some type of AP. Try SUDCO for exploded views. The FCR is really simpler than it looks. Just do not take out the tamper proof screws.

any thing you guys suggest changing other then the slide wear plate and o-ring and a new pilot jet?