Sign in to follow this  

92 cr250 promblem

ok guys this is my buds bike.we just did the topend in it.bike ran fine before top end just low on compression.

problem now is he cant get the radiator fluid to flow through the radiators.cylinder gets hot enough to burn youre finger prints off.

hes had the head off twice now,filled all holes an hoses with fluid when putting back together.he says fuild level is not dropping so no leaks.

radiators stay cold when bikes running so its a flow promblem.only thing I can think of is the water pump not working.what could we have done to mess that up.need to get this fix for him so I can get my 02 cr250 back from him.

thanks

Kawie

Edited by kawie

Water pump is really simple on this bike. You can troubleshot opening the pump cover (4 bolts)

Here is the diagram:

honda-cr250r-1992-usa-water-pump-92-96_bighu0277e0401_1744.gif

The shaft has a plastic gear, and i think in your case it failed. I can't even imagine another reason.

=> Remove the pump cover so you can see the impaller (piece number 1) then put a wrench on it and try to kick the bike: the impaller shoud move. If there is no force on the impaller, then you have to replace the shaft assy and of course the water and oil seals.

Edited by ren33

thanks ren33.

another question,ive never had a promblem with air in the system before,his manuel says to bleed the air out of the system but doesnt say how.so how do you bleed the air out.

thanks

Kawie

Don't know , It always bleed from air itself while engine running. But maybe to help a bit fill up the radiator with coolant , then use the drain bolt (n°9) to remove a bit of coolant , then top up the level.