Eric gorr 144 cylinder. Is mine ok?

Has 2 hours on it. Jetting is rich. I remember seeing a post on here about other people's gorr cylinders looking like this and it was fine. Thoughts? You can't feel any visible scratches. The bike runs great.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by joshb

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1020497-144-cylinder-pic-ugh/page__fromsearch__1

Well just found that thread so feeling a little better I was pretty discouraged when I first saw my cyljnder. Think I will just slap it back together and run it another 8 hours till I change the ring. Does the 144 use standard oem o rings for the dome? I haven't pulled the ones off from my Gorr kit yet but the oem Yamaha ones I bought look thinner. ??

Yep at least 4 cycles before I rode it hard. First 3 like 10 min each not going above like half throttle and never on it hard. However after 1 cycle I had a coolant leak out of 1 cylinder head bolt. Once I torqued it down again it was not an issue. Maybe that was the cause and got some coolant in the cylinder during that time. Going to put new I rings on head and run it again.

My EG cylinder looked about right in between the two. Not as bad as yours, a little worse than the one in the thread. I say run it for a bit and when you're ready to do a ring send it back the Eric for a hone.

Edited by poldies4