KLX 250S fuel injenction?

Are current Klx250s fuel injected?

If so, starting whhich model year?

I want one for the lake house, and I am tired of cleaning carbs

That's a lot of money to spend just not to clean a carb. Why do you have to clean them? You'd have to clean injectors. If you let it sit. Run ethanol free gas and shut it off and run it dry. Then drain the bowl. No big deal.

fuel injected since 2012 in France. Starts every time, and I'm told it saves gas. And easy to derestrict (2 injection maps). I love mine xxx

Are current Klx250s fuel injected?

If so, starting whhich model year?

I want one for the lake house, and I am tired of cleaning carbs

It is my understanding that the entire world gets the EFI KLX250s except for the USA!!!!  I guess its one of two reasons, Kawasaki thinks we are neanderthals and don't want thathere fanciii eeeelectronic wizbang stuff.  Or more likely, its really difficult to get an emissions certification to any change in induction.  

But I do know that Canada, starting in 2014, will get EFI!

But I do know that Canada, starting in 2014, will get EFI!

Hey ssorange! 

Where did you hear that?  That would be an awesome option for those of us who live up near the Canada border!  I don't know what the legalities of getting one into the US from Canada, but I know Canada-spec cars are regularly bought and registered up here in Washington...  Being that our carbureted KLX250s are so cold-blooded, the EFI model is an intriguing option!!!   I am sure uncorking and remapping would be sweet!

TC

Hey ssorange! 

Where did you hear that?  That would be an awesome option for those of us who live up near the Canada border!  I don't know what the legalities of getting one into the US from Canada, but I know Canada-spec cars are regularly bought and registered up here in Washington...  Being that our carbureted KLX250s are so cold-blooded, the EFI model is an intriguing option!!!   I am sure uncorking and remapping would be sweet!

TC

TC,

I might of jumped the gun here.  I tried to find out where I saw that Canada was getting EFI, but nothing.  Maybe it wont be until 2015.  Sorry about that!  Still, the rest of the world has it.....I wonder if you could get someone to retrofit a used system of another bike!  

Edited by ssorange

TC,

I might of jumped the gun here.  I tried to find out where I saw that Canada was getting EFI, but nothing.  Maybe it wont be until 2015.  Sorry about that!  Still, the rest of the world has it.....I wonder if you could get someone to retrofit a used system of another bike!  

Haha, no sweat ss!

After reading your post I tried to search that out too and only found more of the same... the CVK34!  I would be hard pressed to go through the effort of retrofitting EFI since our bikes actually run quite well and reliably once warmed up.  Restarts can sometimes be a bear when I kill it on a trail but that may get better once I do the Dynojet kit.  Fortunately I did not get a bike with the hard cold-start issue.

I suspect that since Kawi has this motor EPA and CARB certified, we won't see EFI in the US until there is a major remake of the KLX.  It is not hard to see that the only thing new each year since 2009 is the color of the color of the side cover, rear fender and whether they put the green on top or under the black, haha!

Take care,

TC