FREE FULL PLASTIC KIT for you dirtbike!

i just broke my ktm plastics but i can buy my own plastics. i would normally enter such contest just so i didn't have to buy them... but seeing how your a member trying to do a great thing... i will let the people that need the plastics earn them... however i will give my story.

been riding since i was 5. grew up in texas on a farm so most of my riding was in fields and or trees. i started racing on a mx track with i was about 16. i didn't race every weekend or even in series, it was more like when i had some extra money and wanted to go have fun i would line up. at about 19 i started racing series local to texas and it was a blast. joined the air force and went back to the casual racer for a few years. i have been racing more and more over the last few years. i have done the mx stuff for most of the racing years. after tearing my acl mcl and ripping cartilage in my left knew 2 times, i decided that mx is too much now. i race mainly offroad now. i enjoy it more than mx and its way easier on my body when i crash, however its more of a work out for sure. i now have 2 race bikes that i rotate around depending on the track type. 08 kx450f and a 09 ktm300xcw. i still prefer the kx over the ktm right now but i did just get the ktm. its deff growing on me, im blaming it on the t2 part. i have had many many bikes over the years. last race i was running the ktm and dipped it over in a rock obstacle, catching the left side shroud on a rock as the bike went tumbling down the mountain. its now broken but still ride able and i continued on for the next hour with the bike working great. i have my bikes now because i love the 08 kx450 feel. it handles great and has plenty of power. i have lots of upgrades on it to make it an off road beast. the ktm i stumbled up on after a great friend of mine past away and his wife decided to sell the bike. i couldn't let it go to someone that wouldn't take care of the bike like rich did so i know have it in my garage and i ride with him every now and then. RIP to a great guy! it has a great power delivery and seems to always want more. light and nimble in the woods! really fun bike to ride... a few things i could like to change on it and i will get to them soon enough but for now im trying to twist them up and enjoy the stock stuff before i replace with better things. going riding later today after i pick up 1 of my 2 girls. (she is going with me.) love seeing her face as she can't wipe the grin off while we are on the trails. best feeling in the world to share something you love with someone that you love!

CAPTION: like this?....oops!

20121216_172333_zpsdf554635.jpg

20130716_100629_zps9ee74361.jpg

Edited by T-Doshi9
  • Like 1

Yesssss I make the post quota!

My Story

I started out a few years ago wrenching on dirt bikes after not riding since I was 7 due to hard times. i bought bikes with issues and fixed them until I had enough for my own bike. now I do. I would like new plastics but i am saving for a new clutch cover and stator cover for my Drz400 so plastics have to wait.

My last 3 years of riding have been spent trail riding. I have never been one for track and the trail is just so peaceful when you stop to take a break. for 2 Years i had a Drz250. I am now 15 and for the last year I have been riding the Mighty DRZ400E "Real E". I choose the Drz400 because when trail riding it really cant be beat. i have tried many a bike and they don't feel as "trail" oriented. When i am out on the trails with friends i feel proud that i am on a bike that I worked for and not a freely given bike that they are on. its a Great feeling riding a machine that you worked hard for. my drz400 has beat up all banana yellow plastics on it that i would love to replace someday

As for the Caption, See below.

2958s5z.jpg

Edited by Joel Tilford

More then 100 post... Check

The last three years have been pretty awesome. Three years ago I was just hitting random races from time to time. Having a ball, having just traded a 450 EXC for a new to me YZ 250. Decided two years ago I wanted to try something different I wanted to run a full series, so I did, raced all season and ended up first in Open B, although I was the only one with enough points to qualify, it still counts! So onto this year, decided I would attempt to defend my title, everything was going well until the first race when I heard a familiar, ugly, gut wrenching sound in the bottom end. A CRANK! Needless to say this was a great blow for me and my low budget racing style. It took a couple months for me to save up enough for a bottom end. Fortunately I am blessed to have a wife that was kind enough to lend me her bike for the season. (not as bad as you think, she has a XCW 200, pretty sweet ride I must say) After a grueling points battle with some buddies it came down to the last race. I was running a strong second but the only way to win is if my nemesis did not complete the race. The 200 had been rough as of late and decided to let my wife ride her race and the main race and me hang out. (5 Straight hours of racing on a tired bikes does not usally end well.) I felt my second was secure and could not move up in placement. As the race started my buddy / nemesis hit a jump a little short and re broke his collarbone. As I rushed to check on him, and (grab my gear just in case signups were still open) my second place season ended. After three years and roughly 40 races I believe its time to retire my plastic.

For the pic all I have to say is:

HAHAHAHAHA Snow Angel at its finest

Hey there, I relize I don't have 100 posts but I figoured I would try my luck anyway...

I am 14 and recieved a Xr100 for my first dirt bike from a guy my dad works with for next to nothing around last september, I had been around 4-wheelers all my life and when a oppertunity like this comes up you have to take it right? When I got the bike it was in three boxes, included where 3 bottem ends and 3 top ends. They were all missing parts but I built a complete motor that runs great. After painting the frame and stripping the 5 layers of paint of the fenders it was ready to ride around March. I spend all my spare time ripping the local trails and pits. Now the only things I am missing are a number plate, side panels and decals. After searching for months I have found number plates and decals here in Canada and found out that Maier makes side panels for my little ripper. The only problem is that I don't got the money tobuy $60 side panels and get them shipped here. I think you are a very generous dude and would love to win so I can have a set of side panels for my Xr!

Caption- "Yawn, Is anyone else really tir...zzz"

100post mark Check!

Last three years have been interesting, went from 4t to 2t, cause I was getting fat and didn't want to move to a 450.. 450s aren't as fun as the 2t. Kinda been chasing a dream bike my 04cr250, I wanted one since they came out and finally got and have been polishing it ever since.

I usually spend my weekends riding at the track trying to have as much fun and to relax as much as possible.. I swear moto is like a spa day for me.. nothing like sitting in a lawn chair listening to the bikes and smelling the smells enjoying the scenery. Moto's a life thing.. you either eat sleep breath and daydream about it or your doing something wrong.

Caption- this outa get rid of that saddle rash!