Sign in to follow this  

Sxf450 light

Alright I own a2008 sxf 450 and was wondering if anyone has ever added a light onto it, what did u need to do this and how much doe did it set u back?

Alright I own a2008 sxf 450 and was wondering if anyone has ever added a light onto it, what did u need to do this and how much doe did it set u back?

\

I have an 08 450 xcf, exact same bike as yours, except with an 18 inch rear wheel and a 5 speed tranny vs the 4 speed in yours.

I just plated mine and added some lights. It cost me a little bit.

1. The output of the stator is not sufficient to run any sort of usable light. So you will need to spend about $400 on the trailtech stator and flywheel setup

2. Once you do that, you are gonna pay about $200 for a nice halogen or about $300 for an HID setup. I got the halogen setup from pmxtec. It comes with a very bright halogen light in the oem headlight shroud.

Here is what mine looks like now.

IMAG0314.jpg

Lol,,,,we ride WAY back in places that you really dont want to be after dark, i usually am on an 09 450 sxf , i personally have thought about getting an led headlight and wire it to battery and put a toggle switch on it and use it for emergency use only . Some of the led lights have a really low current draw . I know riders who run cooling fans on their sxf with no problems . Id just like to have one for the time when im 30 miles from the truck in logan county wv . Ive been really lucky before .....luck runs out .

• Like 1