Sign in to follow this  

Footpegs?

I have a 07 YZ250F. The shift lever just broke so I was checking out some of those (that $35 forged hammerhead seems pretty nice..) and that got me thinking about footpegs. I never actually noticed my feet ever slipping off too often...I think they slipped off like once. But nevertheless I was still drawn in to the claim of grippier and wider (I wear size 13 boots) pegs. So I was checking out some different pegs in the price range of 0-100 dollars, and found a couple that I like, and although they look cooler and perform better, are they really worth it compared to stock? My stock pegs are Ti 5XE's, priced at 100 bucks a peg. That seems pretty nice to me, especially since my "upgrade" would be made only out of aluminum or steel. Another point is durablity: I have never had an issue with my stockers, and probably took it for granted. I am afraid that if I go with an aluminum or steel peg that it may create problems. Should I upgrade to aftermarket pegs (or in essence...downgrade)? Will I notice a difference if I havent been having problems with stock? I think that sometimes my large feet would prefer a wider foot peg, but at the same time it teaches me to grip the bike with my knees harder to stay on (I am a novice). Also, shifter-wise, what are some good shift levers out there that are not over $50?

Have you tried sharpening your stock pegs? I always really liked the stock Yamaha pegs personally. Take a file, or better yet a Dremel tool and sharpen them a bit so they will bite into your boot a little. Steel pegs can bend and aluminun pegs can snap in a crash, I'd stay with the stockers if it were me.

There are a bunch of shift levers out there. OEM, Moose, Hammerhead and then all the ebay stuff. All pretty much the same imo, if you see one you like get it....

• Like 1

We are kinda in the same boat. I'm a novice rider and I wear size 13 boot.

The shifter I have a Hammerhead extension on and it helped a lot.

The foot pegs Moose. Thing are great love them. You don't have to worry about foot position so much. You can get them in outset up,down,and back. After a few jumps with your feet in the wrong position and you come out of it fine, you will love them to.

I think they are well worth the money

• Like 1

Titanium doesn't make them "better" just slightly lighter

Wider pegs can give you a more controlled feel

A big advantage for those of us bigger riders is the extra room some rear offset pegs creates everywhere, better shifter clearance, more knee grip, more rider compartment space

And what better place to add weight to a bike than near its center of gravity, which when you're in attack position will be near your feet

• Like 1

I weld extra steel on outside then sharpen with a die grinder and a diamond bit.

Find it ironic that when I purchased this bike its been done already.

when steel pegs bend and aluminum pegs snap, how about titanium>? I have been looking for stock steel pegs for my yz250 and cannot find any, could someone help? 🙂

mine are pretty badly bent to the extend where it is hard to use my rear brake...not good 🙂

The shifter I have a Hammerhead extension on and it helped a lot.

The foot pegs Moose. Thing are great love them. You don't have to worry about foot position so much. You can get them in outset up,down,and back. After a few jumps with your feet in the wrong position and you come out of it fine, you will love them to.

I think they are well worth the money

They are great , they used to be called Moose Onyx and had a nice open pattern that let mud fall thru , they are still great pegs but they have a cross X pattern now and it holds mud, grass and small stones that would fall thru the Onyx . They have a nice arch design on top so you're always in the right position.

They are great , they used to be called Moose Onyx and had a nice open pattern that let mud fall thru , they are still great pegs but they have a cross X pattern now and it holds mud, grass and small stones that would fall thru the Onyx . They have a nice arch design on top so you're always in the right position.

Whats the difference between the Moose Hybrid and Moose Pro footpegs?

I use the Torc 1 Racing foot pegs and they are great. They are wider, and have replaceable teeth. If you try to sharpen them be careful not to get them to sharp they will cut up the bottom of your boot.

Foot Peg Review

I have a 07 yz250f and I broke my ti peg on the left side so I wanted to go bigger but I bought the gytr ti footpegs at Rocky Mountain atv mc for $89. They only had them for a wr250 08 but all 85s, yzs,yzfs, thru WRs pegs can be interchanged since 97 so I got a darn good deal. But they where the same exact peg as the ones I had. I was kind of disappointed. I would have went for a larger non ti one if I had known. All the reviews said they where much bigger than stock.

Get rhk pursuit footpegs

I bought a pair for my yz250 and have never looked back

They come in a range of colours and are billet aluminuim, nice and wide and come with a spare set of replaceable teeth

Pretty reasonably priced as well

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/YAMAHA-YZ250-RHK-PURSUIT-FOOTPEGS-1999-2012-BLACK-/171052327918?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27d38363ee&_uhb=1

Whats the difference between the Moose Hybrid and Moose Pro footpegs?
not sure but the ones with the convex or "radiused" top really help if you stand alot and yaw the bike with your feet and upper torso. I love the moose pegs