Sign in to follow this  

TR 125 VS CRF 150

I was thinking of buying this bike for my wife, sister, mother, and 17 year old niece to ride to ride. My other choice is a Honda CRF 100. The CRF 100 is kick start and much less horsepower though. Can the CRF 100 keep up with the TTR 125?

Any drawbacks to the TTR 125 for this use?

Thanks.

If the crf100 is anything like the xr100 (and I'm certain it is), it should keep up to the ttr125 just fine.

The ttr is perfect for beginning riders. It also packs my 200+ pound ass around at a pretty good clip fairly often. I have trouble keeping up with the ktm300's but they dont have to wait very long for me...

go for the 150 imo, like DDACT says the 100 would be ok.

I have trouble keeping up with the ktm300's but they dont have to wait very long for me...

🤣 , guessing here, you're a really good rider and the ktm300's ran out of gas.

go for the 150 imo, like DDACT says the 100 would be ok.

🤣 , guessing here, you're a really good rider and the ktm300's ran out of gas.

More like they're being lazy and taking it easy while I'm riding for all I'm worth and hoping my fillings don't rattle out :D

One thing a lot of people don't consider is that most rides aren't performed at race pace. I guess it depends on the group, but we just like to ride. We don't push it much. Then again our average rider age is....uhh....perhaps a tad more than some :busted:

Edited by DDACT

My wife and daughter both have TTR's. They are good bikes and easy to learn on. You will want to rejet it. They are very lean from the factory. Other than that we have had no issues with them.