Sign in to follow this  

KTM 450EXC

I have been looking for a street legal 450Exc. I found a 2008 with less than 2000 miles, 75hours. It is fairly clean and has been well maintained. What can I expect to get out of the bike as far as longevity? How many miles are they typically good for before any major work is needed? I will be 60% street around town and 40% light trails/dirt.

I have been on the NADA and kbb sites for pricing, and they vary quite a bit. Is $4000 out of line?

I just bought one in May, Same year and model. Mine has over 8000 miles on it and as far as i can tell it seems to be going strong, I paid $4500 and after I picked it up I took it to a shop and had them go through it. The mechanic said it looks great and runs great. He checked the valves and said they were all with in spec. The guy I bought it from said the top end was done fairly recently.

Good luck with the purchase!

I have an 08, I love it, the the 530's had a seal issue that's easily fixed, later years got an updated oil pump gear setup that is backwards compatible

I have an 08 also, no problems so far. I'm the second owner, paid 5k over two years ago.

I thought I read somewhere about the 08 having a better frame design and suspension components too.

You should be alright for a while with those hours and miles. I have a 2010 with 125 hours on it. It uses no oil, and the valves have yet to move. I will say this however. If I were going to ride 60% road miles and 40% LITE TRAILS/DIRT, I think I would look for a different ride altogether. This bike is really not much fun on the pavement.

• Like 1

The biggest problem with the '08's comes when it is time to sell them. Not as many people interested in them because of the negative publicity, even if the issues where overall insignificant.

You should be alright for a while with those hours and miles. I have a 2010 with 125 hours on it. It uses no oil, and the valves have yet to move. I will say this however. If I were going to ride 60% road miles and 40% LITE TRAILS/DIRT, I think I would look for a different ride altogether. This bike is really not much fun on the pavement.

I bought an 07 a few months ago. It had 42 hrs and 1200 miles. I paid $4200. I would agree with the above statement. This bike is no fun on the pavement but awesome offroad. If I were riding 60% street I would not buy it. I hit a few roads here and there but just enough to get to the trails. 90% offroad for me. Good Luck, Guy