Must have mods, 2013 RMZ450 race bike.

Picking up my 13' tomorrow morning so Im looking for suggestions on parts that should be on the list to improve the bike. Won a $1000 gift card through a raffle at one of the local races. Already ordered a complete Yosh RS-4 exhaust, and Yosh PIM2 & data box. As well as a few SS oil filters, oil, air filters, etc. for reg maintenance.

Wanting to know what other parts I should be looking into to improve bike performance and reliability. Read somewhere that a 1.6 Rad cap should be first on the list. Sending the suspension in tomorrow as well so I will have a little bit of time to get parts ordered and installed while suspension is out.

Edited by BDubb106

Ill be getting a motoseat with my graphics kit... I was actually thinking about getting the Twin Air power flow kit or is there a reason that the RM250 cage is better?

Ill also be replacing the regular stuff with my favorite bars, grips, and levers (I'll have to buy another brake lever obviously). Already have all that stuff sitting here. Have some rad braces and a shim kit on the list as well.

Was thinking about a Boyesen Hi Flo water pump kit... worth the money or just wasting money?

Specifically wondering about the stock clutch too... heard that they were junk after a few hours of ride time. Always feel like it is wanting to slip. Is that just someone BS'ing me, or is it a good idea to buy a beefier clutch kit?

I don't think you need to worry about the water pump. I've read the Boyesen pump circulates the water too fast for the rads to efficiently cool it down. Don't know that for sure of course. If anything maybe a 1.6 rad cap with some engine ice. Honestly, I ride trails more than track and never had an overheating problem. I've ridin' for hours upon hours and I have never overheated. Going on 104 hours and my bike still runs like a bat out of hell. Sill on the stock clutch too. The clutch is deff not what it used to be but still works just fine.

Get bars, grips, levers, gripper seat,rad braces and get it sprung for your weight. Then ride that baby!

Mine is 2009 RMZ450.

• Like 1

Whats up with the 250 filter cage. Why is it better than stock 450?

Same cage it just doesn't have the wire mesh glued to it, They say that it lets the bike get more air because the mesh screen restricts it. Some people claim 1/2 to 1 full hp Edited by racertodd

Exactly what racertodd said, good for a 1hp gain plus throttle reponse. The bike breathes so much better, the backfire screen isn't really needed now that the bikes are fuel injected. You can take the backfire screen out of your stock cage but its such a hassle using a heat gun etc, I think its about $100 for say a twin air cage which is CNC machined alloy but the plastic one is just as good, its at the point of diminishing returns.