Sign in to follow this  

Engine serial #

Just bought a 2006 KTM 450 sx with 6 speed gear box everything looks good, but the decompression lever is not hooked up no cable or handle bar mount? did the 06 have a manual decompression lever.

The SX had the decompressor. The other RFS bikes dropped it in I believe 2004. If you look on the right side of the engine you should see a lever that goes to the decompressor.

Still trying to figure out if engine is right for this bike took carb off to clean and found that it has a throttle position sensor, but no matching plug in wire harness. talked to the previous owner and found out it's from a 525 My question, is this carb compatable other than the sensor and can i just jet it to 450 specks or is it larger or other diffs. it seems to run fine other than hard to start.thanks msgod

Edited by msgod

Still trying to figure out if engine is right for this bike took carb off to clean and found that it has a throttle position sensor, but no matching plug in wire harness. talked to the previous owner and found out it's from a 525 My question, is this carb compatable other than the sensor and can i just jet it to 450 specks or is it larger or other diffs. it seems to run fine other than hard to start.thanks msgod

Its compatible, but its likely a 39mm not a 41mm like stock.

That's good news and maybe better for my use as a off road bike. Do you think i should try rejetting it to 450 specs or leave it as is with the 525 jetting as i said runs fine just seems a little hard to start esp. cold and back fires on decell. BTW does any one have the stock jetting specks so i can compare thanks msgod