Lets see your Tank/Tail bag pic thread

PO kept the bag, but it was a telescoping nylon jobber. This was fully collapsed, it got tall enough for a paper grocery bag to stand up inside he said.

The rack stayed, which looks like a factory Suzuki part, so I'll be fashioning some sort of tail and/or side bags. Its only been a couple days, and already the backpack feels constricting.

Erik

3t53Fd3Id5I35s65H4d6t02c300a24b791e89.jpg

• Like 1

I run a modified fanny pack as a tank bag and a Nelson Riggs tank bag as a tail bag... I ran a Wolfman tail bag but it worn out from the sun after and a few years of daily use. The Nelson Riggs bag is slightly shorter but expands to be taller than the Wolfman bag. I commute daily on this and the tail bag holds my rain gear, a can of fix-a flat, spare gloves and a lot more.

DRZ%25207-1-13%2520m.jpg

It's about time to make another tank bag, the sun kills these things in a year or 2. They are pretty low dollar eBay items. Holds my wallet, sun glasses, registration and my garage door opener, but I just finished my "Ron" mod garage door opener that is wired into the dash with a push button... much better that pushing on the bag until I hit the opener button.

DRZ_TB%2520L.jpg

The tail bag is mounted on my simple rack made from a nylon cutting board... It has worked just fine for the past 5 years.

The tool tube allows me to keep tools with me even if I take the tail bag off.

DRZ%2520rack%2520and%2520tool%2520tube.jpg

• Like 6

I run a modified fanny pack as a tank bag and a Nelson Riggs tank bag as a tail bag... I ran a Wolfman tail bag but it worn out from the sun after and a few years of daily use. The Nelson Riggs bag is slightly shorter but expands to be taller than the Wolfman bag. I commute daily on this and the tail bag holds my rain gear, a can of fix-a flat, spare gloves and a lot more.

DRZ%25207-1-13%2520m.jpg

It's about time to make another tank bag, the sun kills these things in a year or 2. They are pretty low dollar eBay items. Holds my wallet, sun glasses, registration and my garage door opener, but I just finished my "Ron" mod garage door opener that is wired into the dash with a push button... much better that pushing on the bag until I hit the opener button.

DRZ_TB%2520L.jpg

The tail bag is mounted on my simple rack made from a nylon cutting board... It has worked just fine for the past 5 years.

The tool tube allows me to keep tools with me even if I take the tail bag off.

DRZ%2520rack%2520and%2520tool%2520tube.jpg

That tank bag is VERY cool Craig.....can you carry a camera in it, like a small Lumix or similar?

• Like 1

Here's mine before I wrecked it,,,

006.jpg

what do you stash in those tool tubes? i really like the layout of that rack. i think if i did the same i would rotate the top box and move it to the most forward postion near the seat and add my fuel cans to the mix

• Like 1

what do you stash in those tool tubes? i really like the layout of that rack. i think if i did the same i would rotate the top box and move it to the most forward postion near the seat and add my fuel cans to the mix

I have a fuel can that fits nicely inside my tool tube... I'm not sure if the cans are all the same size, but I have used mine inside there on occasion.

• Like 1

I have the tank mounted saddle bags from ProCycle. They have great zippers and a place on the side for a water bottle. I also use a Chase/Harper barrel bag for my keys, wallet, phone, etc. I like this set up because it's light and very accessible.

I see several "blue" things here, need more Colorado power?...................heheheh :ride:

• Like 2

In that altitude i'll take every advantage I can. Lol. Yes, I've tried to accessorize with the blue. Tom did the same with red. He's REALLY slow! Lol:p

Be sure and take some pics of that place......some of the recent posts from there are pretty cool, this should be FUN!!! ?