Sign in to follow this  

What size bike?

My brother is 5'4" 130lbs and is looking to get a bike that wont beat the crap out of him when he trys to jump like our crf230f does. He has ridden my yz250f around the roads at my house and is fine, but hasn't ridden it at the track to jump it. We ride most at the track but sometimes trails.

We went and looked at a crf150r and it seemed to small for him, even the big wheel version was.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by MSteinbacher

If the crf150r big wheel is to small, get a 250f. It maybe a little big but he will grow into it and there will be plenty of power. Just have to get the suspension setup to his weight and everything will be good. That's pretty interesting coming from someone who's first bike is a 08 yz450f. On that note, I'm 5' 7" 155lbs and I still have to tippy toe when sitting on it but it feels really good.

If the crf150r big wheel is to small, get a 250f. It maybe a little big but he will grow into it and there will be plenty of power. Just have to get the suspension setup to his weight and everything will be good. That's pretty interesting coming from someone who's first bike is a 08 yz450f. On that note, I'm 5' 7" 155lbs and I still have to tippy toe when sitting on it but it feels really good.

Alright thats what i was thinking, and hmm thats weird. Im 5'10'' and i feel like the 150 is only a little bigger than the 230 and the 230 is tiny. But who knows maybe im just too used to my 250.

125 2 stroke, light and cheap to maintain, wont kill him kicking it over and very fun to flick around.

best of luck