Sign in to follow this  

Does anyone recognize what brand of head this is?

Hello,

I got a sweet deal on a 1999 yz125 for $400 cash with a clean title. The crank was shot, so I ordered a new Wiseco crank kit with all new gaskets and a ProX piston. I will be in the bike $880 with basically a brand new motor! However I noticed that the head looks to be aftermarket. There is a symbol on the head that looks like the letter "N". I have had no luck searching the internet for an answer, so I was wondering if any of you bike pros could please tell me any info at all on this head? I will post a pic below.

Thanks for your help,

Casey

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo262/haroboy24/010_zpsc521f0b0.jpg

http://s382.photobucket.com/user/haroboy24/media/010_zpsc521f0b0.jpg.html

010_zpsc521f0b0.jpg

010.jpg

That has stock casting numbers on it so its OEM. That N must be a logo for an engine builder, probably etches his logo on all his mod work. Cylinders most likely ported and might even be a big bore. I hope you checked the bore size before you ordered the piston.

Edited by Mx Factory USA

I'm pretty sure that's the Noleen logo. Old school MX mods company no longer in its original capacity. Good luck getting info on the head, might want to get it sent out to a reputable head guy or just get a new cyl.

Cylinder ported by Noleen. Cool collectible 90's era hop up stuff. Got any pics of the portwork?

Edited by CamP

Ahhh yes Noleen they used to do the YZ 360 big bores... Noleen cylinders are worth a ton, I tried getting one from MPS they wanted like $1200 for cylinder and piston

Thanks for the info so far. Looks like it has the stock bore, but some nice port work done to it. Sorry I did not take pics of the work before the mechanic put it back together. Going to use a ProX piston and wiseco crank, and it should be done tomorrow. Im excited, I only have ridden my Kdx220 and my kdx200, so I am interested in seeing how the 125 feels! I'll post a pic of the bike in a bit.

20130629_063659.jpg

Edited by Haroboy24

Good luck with that Wiseco crank.

Don't want to rain on your party but

I have had mutiple bad Wiseco cranks (made in china)

Good luck with that Wiseco crank.

Don't want to rain on your party but

I have had mutiple bad Wiseco cranks (made in china)

I'm sure it will be ok. I have only been trail riding for about 6 months. I still consider myself a beginner, and I definitely am not a fast hard rider. I will give any updates on it.