Which used 450?

I am interested in a used 450, It seems like my budget might get me a 06, 07, maybe an 08. But I'm not sure which one between honda, yamaha, and kawasaki. I'm looking for reliability and good handling mainly, as any 450 has plenty of power, but would like the best cornering/most nimble 450 of them. I have ridden my buddies 07 yz450f and liked it for the most part, it could've turned better though, Ive heard that the yamaha was not as good in the corners as some other brands. But he has had the YZ for almost 3 years now and has only changed oil and cleaned the air filter and has never even looked at the valves but has never had a problem. I don't have any experience with kawi 4ts but I hear that are known for strong motors but never hear much else. I am kind of leaning honda because of reliability and I always hear of them being the lightest most nimble 450, and the local honda dealer is the best as far as customer service in the area. My cousin has a 09 crf250x that he rarely changes the oil and never cleans the air filter and has had no problems with it either after almost 2 years. But I have heard of some valve issues in older CRFs, what model years was that a problem in the crf450s?

So what do you guys think?

Edited by tw191

My Honda was bullet proof and with a aftermarket triple clamp it cornered amazing...almost as good as my rmz..both 450s..my 07 rmz feels a lil heavier but corners the best out of any bike I have road kawi Honda yami..yamis are bullet proof also but prolly corner the worst out of the bikes I've road. My experience with the older kawi is they seem to have a lot of problems with stuff breaking and goin wrong but seem to have just a lil more power..nuthin extravagant tht the average rider would notice. My top pics are Honda a zuki but that's just me. I like how u feel like u "sit down in the bike" rather than "on the bike" and they corner amazingly, the zuki even better than the honda, my advice ride ur buddies bikes and test ride other bikes and see what u like the most. Good luck and enjoy whatever bike u choose. They are all fun

I'd be interested in a RMZ but I only seem to see YZs, CRFs, and a few KXs around here. I also have noticed that the price gap between the 07 and 08 model years on these all these bikes is pretty big so I may have to stick to pre-08 models.

I just recently saw this article on the subject, what do you guys think? http://motocrossacti...OTHER-6259.aspx

Edited by tw191

Where are u from..what are the prices of the bikes u are finding?

I'm from the Shennandoah Valley in VA, and the prices on 08 models of these bikes tend to be around 4000. A lot of people around here ask way too much for their bikes, especially 450s.

After I sell my bike my budget will be around 2500, so I'll try to get the newest that 2500 can get me.

I'm from the Shennandoah Valley in VA, and the prices on 08 models of these bikes tend to be around 4000. A lot of people around here ask way too much for their bikes, especially 450s.

After I sell my bike my budget will be around 2500, so I'll try to get the newest that 2500 can get me.

Wow tht is insane on price that's what 10-11s go for around where I'm from..u can get an 07-08 for 3000 give or take a couple hundred depending what's done to the bike..06s go for around 2100

Same here I got my 07 with with less than 30hours on it..didn't even have scratch marks on the case covers and I paid 3000..45 year old man bought it new and it was to much for him so he bought a 250 and just kept the 450 around for his son to ride on trails when he would come home for weekends

Lucky u!! I wanted an 08-09 or the fi but I really wanted to try out a 4speed so I went with the 07

The lucky one is my brother who got an all original 08 rmz450 for 2200. The guy had to move so it had to go that day.

• Like 1

my 08 yz450f turned really good....not rmz good but good as crf and kxf....08 yz450f is a great bike!!!

I have one, have had no problems, and have a blast riding it. But the '08 is supposed to be the slowest 450 MX bike ever produced.

Well what do you guys think betwern the 06-07 models between the yz, cr and kx then? I didn't like the ergos on my buddys 07 yz as well as some of the Hondas, but how about the kawis handling and ergos compared to Honda and Yamaha and also reliability wise?

I was originally looking for an 09-10 crf450 but i found the 09 suzuki and thought i would try one. I have owned at least one of every jap brand and suzuki has been by far the best bike. Since all of them are fi now you cant go wrong with any brand though.

• Like 1