Sign in to follow this  

FCR Leaks from Float when Engine is Hot

Hi guys, i just fitted the fcr to my bike and took it for a ride to check if everything was ok, it started fine and idled, took if for a 15 minute ride and noticed that when its in High RPM it bogs a bit and when i got home and parked the bike there was petrol coming out of the float drain pipe, it dripped for like 10-15 minutes, nothing too much and than stopped, The carb is Brand New, any clues to what i should do??

2008 drz400sm

fcr slant 39m

JD Jetting Kit ( Blue Needle)

160 main

45 pilot

pilot air removed

MRD/SSW with quiet Insert

3x3

A brand new slant body FCR? I thought they make the FCRMX now. My guess is a stuck float valve. And bogging because the 160mj is too rich with the insert. 155mj with insert at sea level. What needle clip position?

yea its a brand new slany style, its on the 3rd clip from the top, how can i fix the float valve?

Jetsrus.com or sudco.com or the UK equivalent. Buy a rebuild kit or at least a float valve, float valve seat, and float bowl gasket. The float valve sticks open because of E10 gas being the work of the devil. So, pull the carb, clean it real good, install the new float valve, seat, 155mj, and float bowl gasket.

Always run some sort of gas conditioner if you don't ride the bike multiple times per week to prevent gumming, sticking, and clogging. Sea foam and stabil work well. Also, because I am paranoid, I would put a new pilot jet in (or at least clean it REALLY good). And if you don't have the extended pilot circuit mixture screw, now is the best time to buy one and install it since you will have the whole carb out and apart.

or it could mean you just need to tweak the tab on the float

Who told you to remove the pilot air jet..?

Run it on clip 4 , 160 main jet with NO insert or 155 with.....

your float valve is possibly stuck.... a tap on the bowl can often correct it...

you shouldn't need to be replacing float valves on a new carb...

Hi guys, i just fitted the fcr to my bike and took it for a ride to check if everything was ok, it started fine and idled, took if for a 15 minute ride and noticed that when its in High RPM it bogs a bit and when i got home and parked the bike there was petrol coming out of the float drain pipe, it dripped for like 10-15 minutes, nothing too much and than stopped, The carb is Brand New, any clues to what i should do??

2008 drz400sm

fcr slant 39m

JD Jetting Kit ( Blue Needle)

160 main

45 pilot

pilot air removed

MRD/SSW with quiet Insert

3x3

Pooks , slant body FCR`s dont need the pilot air jet removed , only the FCR/MX needs that , greg

• Like 1

I was told here to remove it cause I took out the CE, should I put it back ??

Actually it's not true I got confused , I replaced the 60 with a 100

• Like 1