Sign in to follow this  

Torsten Hallman Inter-Am race bike on ebay

Without any documentation this is a sam. Buyer be aware. Lots of words and no documents. Stay a way!!

It appears your a bit blind. The Med-International document is right there for you to see in the auction.

Seems you need to do your research before you shot your mouth off.

Now stand up and be a man and say you were mistaken and didn't see the document.

It appears your a bit blind. The Med-International document is right there for you to see in the auction.

Seems you need to do your research before you shot your mouth off.

Now stand up and be a man and say you were mistaken and didn't see the document.

Really? Show the link that confirms that this bike is what it is claimed to be. Lots of words about Hallmans

history. However, the ad only speaks to that history and no confirmation. You buy it and report back when you find that

you bought an over the counter Husky. I will grant you that the bike on ebay appears to be a clean old Husky. Without

an importers input on VIN numbers it's a sam. I have no problem if I'm wrong but I see no link to confirm the ad. I notice you

are also from New York state, any chance you're the seller????

Edited by ohio rusty spokes

Really? Show the link that confirms that this bike is what it is claimed to be. Lots of words about Hallmans

history. However, the ad only speaks to that history and no confirmation. You buy it and report back when you find that

you bought an over the counter Husky. I will grant you that the bike on ebay appears to be a clean old Husky. Without

an importers input on VIN numbers it's a sam.

If you can't read the importer Med-International invoice showing the proof, in the one photo in the auction, then I can't help you.

It clearly states the bike was used in Inter-Am by Torsten and under the yellow piece of paper is the frame number of the bike that matches the bike. The buyer will get to see that before he pays a dime. People who know Husky's know this.

As a second source you go to vintageviking.com and talk to Don Ince who is the historian and sources of these documents.

Why the need to cover the VIN? The typing that Hallman used the bike was typed at a later date and not the same as the above typing. Is this your ad?

Why the need to cover the VIN? The typing that Hallman used the bike was typed at a later date and not the same as the above typing. Is this your ad?

Now your making more stupid statements. VIN numbers a private for the sake of buyer. If he wants share it after he buys it then so be it.

This discussion is over. If anyone is believing you and interested in buying this bike then I suggest they not buy it.

Stop being a bully and move on.

Anyone buying a bike on ebay should ask for the VIN. Can you say CarFax? Why buy something a buyer can't research?

You must be the seller. Another thing is the importer would provide the bike and support not a dealer for these important events to sell the brand in the early years of MX in the USA. Only 23 sales?? I pity the last bidder.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...#ht_1392wt_1021

Edited by ohio rusty spokes

The typing is the same carbon copy print as the Dealer name and info and the sales price.

You are right to be cautious, but maybe a bit over zealous here.

Wow, 14k and not met the reserve? Didn't know old dirtbikes that aren't museum quality (even famous ones not owned by Steve McQueen) went for that much!

Interesting that he founded Thor equipment.

The typing is the same carbon copy print as the Dealer name and info and the sales price.

You are right to be cautious, but maybe a bit over zealous here.

Wow, 14k and not met the reserve? Didn't know old dirtbikes that aren't museum quality (even famous ones not owned by Steve McQueen) went for that much!

Interesting that he founded Thor equipment.

I still feel this is a scam. Who is bidding the price up that high.....friends of the seller???

Now your making more stupid statements. VIN numbers a private for the sake of buyer. If he wants share it after he buys it then so be it.

This discussion is over. If anyone is believing you and interested in buying this bike then I suggest they not buy it.

Stop being a bully and move on.

Seeing as you're so trusting, you should make the winning bid. "A fool and his money soon part".

Someone got ripped. Even if used by Hallman it is just a standard issue bike. 👎

I agree,someone just lost a bunch of money, or a friend of the seller just bid up the price to suck in a loser.