Sign in to follow this  

150r will only jumpstart, rarely kickstart

Hi i have a 2008crf150r and we just brought it to the mechanic about 2 months ago to be rejetted and cleaned out. now the only way it will start is by jumstarting it. the mechanic said the valves didnt need to be adjusted when the bike was there. the mechanic got the bike to kickstart on the first kick when it was cold. i have no clue what the problem could be...I NEED HELP! we changed the plug too

002.JPG

For cold starts, my starting drill is: whack the throttle two or three times (lets the accelerator pump squirt a good priming shot of gas), pull the "choke" on, gently turn the engine over a couple of times, then kick it through with the throttle OFF, or just barely cracked. If the bike hasn't run for a while, it may take a few kicks to wake it up. Never more than six. It is very seldom humid here, but when it is, the carb doesn't like any priming squirts.

I don't know if others have this experience, but my bike has to warm up for a bit with the "choke" on before I can ease open the throttle without killing it.

After you are sure that the jetting is spot on, I guess it's just going to take some practice to get the drill down and find out what your bike likes.

Edited by Old Plonker
  • Like 1

+1 what Old Plonker said. Did this just start happening or have you not ridden the bike in 2 months?

Will the bike start better with the choke on?

Does it start when warm?