Sign in to follow this  

Where to buy longer throttle cable for 38 MM pwk. Right turn high idle.

I am having some very high idle when I turn the bars to the right on my 2008 ktm 144sx. Cable Is clean and routed correctly. I read awhile back that there is a replacement cable that is 3 or so inches longer than stock that can solve this problem. If anyone knows where to buy said cable, please pipe in, thanks.

You can get a cable for a CR250R from 90-03. They work great. They fit all ktm 2T bikes. I put one on my sons 05' and 07' 85s and on all my 250s from 01' to 11' and my 11' 150sx. The motion pro is tricker but it is almost three times as expensive.

Tucker-Rocky #06-2247, about $15. You will need to safety wire it if you don't wan't it to pull out of the throttle when it gets snagged on a tree limb.

I am having some very high idle when I turn the bars to the right on my 2008 ktm 144sx. Cable Is clean and routed correctly. I read awhile back that there is a replacement cable that is 3 or so inches longer than stock that can solve this problem. If anyone knows where to buy said cable, please pipe in, thanks.

Your problem may be the result of something as simple as an incorrect cable adjustment. You say your cable is clean and routed correctly but have you checked it for free play at the throttle? When turning to the right does your throttle cable get snagged by something like your bar clamps, bar pad or any aftermarket equipment mounted in that area? A longer cable will allow you to route it in a more conventional way (in front of the handlebar) instead of the KTM way (behind the bars) but it still requires correct adjustment, if not it too can result in a high idle when turned to the right.

Your problem may be the result of something as simple as an incorrect cable adjustment. You say your cable is clean and routed correctly but have you checked it for free play at the throttle? When turning to the right does your throttle cable get snagged by something like your bar clamps, bar pad or any aftermarket equipment mounted in that area? A longer cable will allow you to route it in a more conventional way (in front of the handlebar) instead of the KTM way (behind the bars) but it still requires correct adjustment, if not it too can result in a high idle when turned to the right.

Yes I have checked this as well, thanks for the input guys.