Sign in to follow this  

DR350 doesn't seem to run with speedo harness disconnected...

Hello all.

I have a 1990 DR350 street model that I am converting to dirt. I call it the singularity, as it is an absolute black hole for money...

The bike has the speedo and tach on it right now, but it is broken and I want to remove it in favor of a small riding bag to hold my cigarettes and such.

The problem is, when I disconnect the blue plug whch has all the wires that go to the speedo assembly, the bike dies. I cannot figure out what the deal is here. I have removed the key switch and all is well on that front.

From looking at a wiring diagram, it looks like I may have to bypass the neutral indicator or maybe relocate it and cut the orange wire from the tach, but alas I really have no idea and this has got me a little stumped.

I know I'm not the first person ever to try and remove the speedo assembly from one of these bikes, so here I am. Maybe one of you more experienced DR owners can help me out. I sincerely appreciate any help I can get.

my bike wont start without the neutral light hooked up so you might need to bypass it on yours

Hello everyone! I finally got my bike back together and tried unplugging the speedo assembly again. It still starts and runs fine.

The only problem is that the kill button stopped working, but I imagine that should be easy enough to fix.

I don't know what I had been thinking before. :thinking: