Sign in to follow this  

Need help Kawasaki KX250F 2007

Hi guys. Sorry about my ignorance in the subject, but some technical terms I am unfamiliar in... especially in english.

I purchased a bike recently (first) Kawasaki KX250F 2007 and all was dandy for a week, but im having trouble starting the bike now. In portuguese i would say the carburetor is drowning, im not sure what the technical term is is english. But basically im having an insane hard time starting it. And when i tip the bike, gas comes flowing down one of the hoses that comes out of the carburetor. My friend thought me how to tip it and check if that was the problem, but it happens all the time, and i always be careful not to rev the throttle while starting the bike. Basically it "drowns" all the time and i dont know what to do. Ive changed the air filter, spark plugs... before i noticed that the carb was actually taking in too much gas. Any advice? am i doing something wrong? Is it usually this difficult to start this 4 stroke bike? Any advice is immensely appreciated.

Thanks

Frankie

Hard start issues are usually from a clogged pilot jet or valve clearences out of spec.

Check your valves and clean your carb. You should be good to go..

Edited by Mx Factory USA
  • Like 1

When I bought mine the same thing happened, took apart the carb and noticed the main jet was laying in the bowl