Sign in to follow this  

400ex or trx450

ok so i want to get a bigger quad and i want one that is loud and has lots of power... as of now i ride a raptor 250 and i have out grown it by alot so what would be better for the money 400ex or 450

also i have a friend with a 400ex and its pretty loud and i have another friend with a 400ex with a 480 bore kit and its pretty loud as well

Edited by 4x4ing

ok so i want to get a bigger quad and i want one that is loud and has lots of power... as of now i ride a raptor 250 and i have out grown it by alot so what would be better for the money 400ex or 450

ignore this i didnt mean to do this

Edited by 4x4ing

400ex's are more reliable and still fairly fast, a 450 is a more modern updated race machine that is much less reliable and more expensive to run.

As far as loud, loud is bad. All loud pipes do is get riding areas shut down, if you want something loud buy a Harley Davidson or buy a half ton truck and run straight pipes.

• Like 1

Yea you don't worry about how loud your bike is you want a bike that has smooth power and great suspension I'll say the trx450r cause that's what I race but don't get me wrong I raced the 400s before I jumped on the 450 and loved it but I don't know how old you are or how tall you are so I couldn't tell you I mean jumping from a 250 raptor to a 450 is a pretty big jump and they have ALLLLLOOOOOOOTTTTTTT more power than a 250 so if your not a very experienced rider and don't want to spend a bunch of $$$$ on a race bike. And have it set up for you I would go with the 400

It basically comes down to what you're using it for. Just riding or are u buying it to race. Both are great machines and I love them. Of your trail riding and not racing go with the 400. You can abuse them like a dirty hooker and they will still go. The 450's ride better and are a lot faster but they are not highly reliable like the 400's. many of my friends went to a 450 for trail riding but sold them a few months after. If you kill a 450 when it's hot and u don't have a electric start, have fun trying to kick start it lol. But don't get me wrong. If I had the money I would own both but my 400 works great and a good 400 rider can out ride an ok 450 rider any day

Get a 400ex..way more reliable and easy to maintain. Add a hot cam or a 440 kit and they are pretty darn fun!

Get a 400ex! I have one my self and I love it, vary relable quad. The 450r have a lot of power but are more work and as relable as the 400ex, the 400ex is better for trail riding ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1392229304.918837.jpg

+1 for the 400EX.

I've had many dirt bikes and quads in my younger days. After all the different sizes and makes owned I still ride a 400EX. It is my second one. The only reason I sold the first one was to move up to to a newer on with reverse. 400EX parts are cheap when you need them, they're easy to mod for half the money it costs to mod a 450 and they run forever. The best mod is tires then suspension. I then added a Hot cam and was able to drop a few rear sprocket teeth for more top end speed. I don't race anymore after crashing and almost leaving my wife & kids to go on without me, but I still trail ride and do dice runs and such.  You will not be sorry on a 400EX.

Good luck.

E. 

Yes I agree on what everyone else in this forum is saying trx 4000ex all the way.Reliability, cost,power,easy to work on just one hell of a good quad. My son keeps trying to get rid of his cause he always has to have something different.but this one isn't going anywhere.

Jason yz450f

• Like 1