Got a new valve banger today

A few months ago I entered into a bike raffle and I had forgotten the drawing was today! So as im watching the motos from yesterday I was interrupted by a phone call telling me I had won a brand new 2013 KX250F to hop in my truck or hook up my trailer and come pick it up! I asked him If he was kidding he said no but he could call someone else if I was unsure it was true, in shock I jump off the couch and picked up my new bike, sweet I bought two raffle tickets for a grand total of $20

1373252501897.jpg

1373252511063.jpg

1373252520260.jpg

1373252536025.jpg

1373252549977.jpg

• Like 2

congrats....i just purhased a stock one this week!!

could not imagine winning a new bike....wow.

you may want to go buy some lottery tickets just to see if you have any luck left!

• Like 1

congrats....i just purhased a stock one this week!!

could not imagine winning a new bike....wow.

you may want to go buy some lottery tickets just to see if you have any luck left!

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing!

That is so sweet, and congratulations! My wife won a honeymoon trip for us in much the same way. That's another story . . . funny, too, but I digress.

Now that you have the bike, take it apart and grease every bearing. There are other recent posts on this KX250F forum about that.

Now, the funny part. It was our honeymoon, everything was free, including food and lift tickets, and the resort was a total takeover by another group as well. I swear I am not making this up. We spent our honeymoon surrounded by bus loads of the best dressed skiers all decked out in the brightest clothes I have ever seen. The busses all had GSE on them. We inquired, what is GSE? Gay Ski East. (not that there's anything wrong with that) The moral of the story: Expect the Unexpected!!!

Grease the bearings and torque the bolts. Replace the stock chain and get a skid plate. You have an awesome new bike!

• Like 1

That is so sweet, and congratulations! My wife won a honeymoon trip for us in much the same way. That's another story . . . funny, too, but I digress.

Now that you have the bike, take it apart and grease every bearing. There are other recent posts on this KX250F forum about that.

Now, the funny part. It was our honeymoon, everything was free, including food and lift tickets, and the resort was a total takeover by another group as well. I swear I am not making this up. We spent our honeymoon surrounded by bus loads of the best dressed skiers all decked out in the brightest clothes I have ever seen. The busses all had GSE on them. We inquired, what is GSE? Gay Ski East. (not that there's anything wrong with that) The moral of the story: Expect the Unexpected!!!

Grease the bearings and torque the bolts. Replace the stock chain and get a skid plate. You have an awesome new bike!

Thanks for the heads up, I saw a few stories about that earlier today so I'm def going to grease all the bearings and chain does look cheap so it will get replaced sometime soon, I haven't even started it yet so im not tempted to ride it!

Gotta pick up my manual and couplers sometime this week also. Def a funny story too!

Edited by RUDEDUDE806