09 kx450f street legal convert?

There is a few very well priced fuel-injected 450's in my area, and i really want one! the problem is, my mom won't let me buy another one unless it is street legal! :banghead: i race in the 125 schoolboy class, and i have ridden modern 450's before and love them! I live in a small town of 800 people, and all of the cops are really laid back with the locals, (one of the cops does dirt-work at my track for me) so you can get away with small things like not having street legal tires on your bike. ? so what i'm really wondering is how hard it would be make a fuel injected 450f just street legal enough use as a commuter to persuade my mom into having another dirtbike, but still be able to race it. turn signals, headlight, speedometer and brake lights would be all i need. i would just use it in town, on dirt roads, and at the track. Also, i cant spend allot of money, as i have to pay for it all by myself.

Edited by c-gerst

• TT Sponsor

Our kits are not compatible with the fuel injected race bikes. The electrical system gets overloaded and starves the fuel pump burning it out.

If you want a fuel injected 450 with a dual sport kit the only ones that we sell kits for and can successfully be done are the WR450 & some KTM models.

If your on a budget any year CRF450X or WR450 would be a great way to go and a whole lot easier to dual sport.

Let me know if you have any questions

Thanks

Mike

• 1 year later...
  • TT Sponsor

****UPDATE 5/12/2015****

The 2009-ON KX450F  Fuel Injected will run our Dual Sport Kits with no problem!

Just to clarify that the information posted back from 2013 is not correct on this bike.

During the time it was posted, we were having an issue with the switch and low beam functionality. 

Customers have NOW been running aftermarket LED's and HID's for years on the stock stator with no issues.

If you have any questions, feel free to post up or send me a message

Thank You,

Bailey, Baja Designs

bailey@bajadesigns.com

Edited by Baja Designs
  • Like 2

****UPDATE 5/12/2015****

The 2009-ON KX450F  Fuel Injected will run our Dual Sport Kits with no problem!

Just to clarify that the information posted back from 2013 is not correct on this bike.

During the time it was posted, we were having an issue with the switch and low beam functionality. 

Customers have NOW been running aftermarket LED's and HID's for years on the stock stator with no issues.

If you have any questions, feel free to post up or send me a message

Thank You,

Bailey, Baja Designs

bailey@bajadesigns.com

This is awesome news!

• Like 1