Sign in to follow this  

UTV / Side by Side in Alberta

Like the title says...can you drive a UTV, dune buggy or a side by side in areas like McLean Creek in Alberta?

I am in the market for one but have never seen anyone on them so I was not sure if they are allowed or what the regs are surrounding them. Any help is greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone 5

I actually just came back from alberta and driving to Edmonton, I saw a lot of utv's and atv's with pkates on them. I heaed that they're restricted and are allowed to be ridden on back roads.

I heaed that they're restricted and are allowed to be ridden on back roads.

I am trying to find out exactly what restrictions are on them. I don't want to buy one then find out I can't ride in the off road areas or that they are on the chopping block.

We ride in the Seven Mile Flats area west of Caroline as well as in the Rocky Mountain House area. Alberta Forestry should have something on their web site.

I am trying to find out exactly what restrictions are on them. I don't want to buy one then find out I can't ride in the off road areas or that they are on the chopping block.

they are no different then a quad... anything in alberta still needs to be plated (registered) and insured... if you come up north you can even drive them down the street to the closet trail in all towns i know of... hope this helps