Sign in to follow this  

kx 250 back wheel

Does anybody know what other bike brand and sizes would fit a 2003 kx 250? I am looking for a replacement wheel. also, if I was to use a wheel off of a 250f or 125 which is 1.85 inches instead of 2.15 does it make a big difference in performance?

Does anybody know what other bike brand and sizes would fit a 2003 kx 250? I am looking for a replacement wheel. also, if I was to use a wheel off of a 250f or 125 which is 1.85 inches instead of 2.15 does it make a big difference in performance?

I don't know if any other bike's wheels will fit it because of axle/bearing sizes, but I am pretty sure a smaller width will need spacers or some sort and may have less traction

also, just go on ebay or motorcross sites such as http://www.motosport.com/ and look at their rims, search excel rims, they are high quality and not too expensive if you buy them used

Edited by millak
  • Like 1

http://www.rkexcelam...ims_spokes.html

You can scroll down to the Kawasaki section of this site. It will show all the years compatible.

I just picked up a used complete 03 rear wheel off ebay for $135. I put a paddle tire on it so I don't have to switch tires depending on what I'm doing.

It was hard to find one compatible for my 03 kx250 on ebay though. Most will be at least $250+. The one I bought had a broken spoke and somebody half ass spray painted it black. After changing out the spoke it was just fine. I don't really give a crap how ugly it is.

Edited by TJ888

The same question was answered about 10 threads below this one.

Edited by Jeekinz