KYB forks for 07-08 TE?

In 06 forks went from 45 to 50mm. The frame changed in 08. In 2010 the forks went to 48mm KYB. 2011 frame changed again. What year bike do you have? I guess you are trying change out the 50mm Zokes for KYB? You would need the 2010 forks and triple clamps. Plus the bar mounts etc. This would only work on 08/09 models.

Edited by fasterman

Can you buy 07-08 triple clamp for 48mm KYB forks? I'm guessing that the 2010+ clamps chanced all together and don't fit the old chassis.

It really depends on which models you want to make the swap on. Some will bolt right on others will require bearing and steering stem changes. We need more info, especially which bike are you putting the 2010 48mm forks on ???

I have a Aprilia RXV with 45mm marzocchi's and hate the forks with a passion. Since my bikes in bits again I would like fit a set 48mm KYB's if I can.

Here is an Aprilia RXV with a set of 50mm marzocchi's which fit with no mods.

e215a2fe01d68c9edaf0b8ab0c926bf6_zps0af6cec4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Send your zokes to Les Tinius @ LT-Racing in Washington State. He has more experience with setting them up than anyone else. They can be made to work very well...

http://www.lt-racing.com

And it won't cost you alot either....

jeff

P.S. Oops - scrolled back to see that you are located in Australia - have you tried a good tuner there?

Edited by oregon_rider

I have a Aprilia RXV with 45mm marzocchi's and hate the forks with a passion. Since my bikes in bits again I would like fit a set 48mm KYB's if I can.

Here is an Aprilia RXV with a set of 50mm marzocchi's which fit with no mods.

If you are buying a set of forks then get the 50mm CC zokes and revalve for your riding. If you have the KYB's sell them along with the 45mm and buy the 50mm zokes. Bolt in (stated above) and just as good and if valved correctly better than the KYB's. Or buy Ohlins TTX inserts for your 45mm.