Sign in to follow this  

Vee Rubber Trials tire Install

I tried to mount a Vee Rubber 308 trials tire on my 2001 cr250 . The tire size says 4.25x19. The ebay seller told me that this was the same as a 110/90/19. I can not for the life of me get the bead to seat evenly on the rim thus resulting in a lopsided tire. Does anyone have experience putting one of these on or any suggestions? Thanks

I tried to mount a Vee Rubber 308 trials tire on my 2001 cr250 . The tire size says 4.25x19. The ebay seller told me that this was the same as a 110/90/19. I can not for the life of me get the bead to seat evenly on the rim thus resulting in a lopsided tire. Does anyone have experience putting one of these on or any suggestions? Thanks

they have a very stout bead, did you try lots of lube and 40-50 psi? that will usually get them to pop on for me. that tire will fit your rim.

Thanks, I ended up taking the tire off. I wanted to check that the tube had not twisted. I then scraped, cleaned and shined up the rim. Used lots of Windex and ran the pressure to about 50lbs and it seated. I"m looking forward to trying it out. This tire sits about an inch higher than usual 19 inch tire. I hope it smooths out the roots and rocks. What were your impressions.?

Edited by APBT

Do us a favor and post back a ride report with your impressions. I am curious as to how this tire performs because if I remember correctly it is like the only 19" trials tire. I have been wanting to try out a trials tire but don't have the cash for an 18" rim at the moment. Thanks ahead of time