Sign in to follow this  

Two stroke faq is all jacked up. Have some q's for the 200 crowd.

So I ordered the parts for my 200. I am digging out the rest of the stuff. My question is about the head. Since the new forum system I don't have my saved threads history to find the old threads! I dont need to mod the heck out of this but I would like to send the head off and can't remember where the place is or name of it. What else would you recommend as far as mods? Also what is up with the faq thread? It seems me to totally different topics. Would you run the carb from the 200 or the 125 carb? I plan to run the 125 cdi. I think the carb is a 39 mm in the 125sx compared to a 36 on the 200? I may have that backwards? Thanks. Yeah the typing is tough in the new phone!

Edited by thumpinyami59

Hi

No disrespect .. but I would EDIT your post so that its in clear fluent English .. fix spelling errors and grammar. :goofy:

I cannot understand what you are asking ?? 👍:ride:

Send your head to Trey in Kentucky. (if that's what you're asking about) Wildcat Motors. What year is your 200? 38 carb's on the older ones, 36 on the newer ones. Unless your 200 is a SX.

The motor is an 06. My bike is an 04 so I have carb for a125 and the carb that came with the 200. It's an xc motor but I do want to make it more like an sx. Not really aggressive but good pull everywhere. What does wildcat do with the head? Mill it to bump compression I assume? Anyone have the old link to set the z and squish etc? Thanks for the reply

I had both of my 200 heads done by Cycle Playground in PA. I had one done for overall power at my home altitude in TX and an additional head modded for use in high altitude for my trips to Colorado. It is $25 off if you are a member from KTMtalk or Thumpertalk (makes it $50). Here is their online store: https://www.facebook.com/cycleplayground/app_251458316228. You can just click "cycle tuning," then "tow-stroke single head mod labor," then pick your preferences n what type of mod you want. You send it to them, they mill it and send it back. Usually about a week turnaround time.

Unless you plan on opening up the 200 to be an MX bike , I would stick to the 36mm carb. The 36 gives it much better low end. If you want more top end, you might try the 03-04 FMF fatty for the 200 SX. I have one on my 08 200XC and really like it. I think it still has plenty of low end as well with that pipe.

As far as CDI goes, try the 125 CDI and the 200 CDI and see which you like best. Many guys rave about the 125/144/150 CDI on the 200, I wasn't as impressed. I'm sure if I rode MX it would be a different story. I ride almost all woods and usually tight woods at that, so I prefer the 200XC CDI.

I do plan to race mx wirh it. But I want to trail ride too. So maybe the bigger can will be better for the top end? Not like I Xing it all the time but I don't want it to sign right off. I think you are right on the 04 sx fatty. I have abuddy with a few pipes so I'm going to use some pics I found (maybe from your post dhd) and compare them.

Today I bought my cylinder into work to clean it up and the bore isn't looking as nice as I remember but it may just need a good cleaning. Think I may polish up the orange peal in the bottom of the exhaust port too. I'll put some pictures up of the cylinder in a minute

Here is the cylinder. I can just feel the stuff you see none of it is deep. I also touched up the exhaust port and sanded it smooth with a fl as pper wheel. Is still a little scratchy but not all bumpy.

1373475559377.jpg

1373475568087.jpg

1373475578300.jpg

Edited by thumpinyami59

Are those pics of the cylinder after you've honed/scuffed it up? Or is that how it looked after taking it apart?

ThoseAre after it came apart. I haven't touched the bore since taking it apart last year. I planned to take a little scotch brie to it in a cross hatch pattern. I wanted to show it to you guys untouched.

I just figured out that the 2st faq does work ok online. I use the app in my phone and it takes me to random other threads when you click on it.

the 38mm carb works well down low with the appropriate jetting shown in the 200 jetting forum