Sign in to follow this  

Suzuki 0% Financing

I went to a Suzuki dealer yesterday and enquired about the Suzuki 0% financing good until August 31, 2013. Here's what he told me:

(1) Assuming that you qualify, the 0% financing applies to any Suzuki motorcycle.

(2) If a dealer doesn't have the particular bike in stock that you want and he can't get it from another dealer, it will have to be factory ordered.

(3) If factory ordered and for whatever reason (out-of-stock, e.g.) it doesn't get delivered to the dealer by August 31, 2013 then the whole deal is off, i.e., no bike and no 0% financing.

(4) He also said you probably wouldn't get the bike until after August 31, 2013, which represents the end of the riding season. His statement about not receiving the bike after August 31 doesn't make any sense because it's contradictory to (3) above. His statement about not getting the bike until after the end of the riding season doesn't make sense from a sales standpoint. Why would he care if it's the end of the riding season if he's making a sale?

I don't know if this guy is feeding me some kind of a line because he wants to move stock he already has on the floor. Does anyone know if any of what he said is accurate?

Don't finance a dirtbike. You get 0% when you pay cash.

Normally, I would do this. But I'm in a situation that pays to defer cash until the beginning of 2014. Here's why. I'm bottoming out on non-taxable savings and don't want to tap into taxable IRA's and 401-K if I can help it. According to my calculations, when ObamaCare kicks in January 1, 2014 I'll be paying at least $1,000 less a month in medical expenses (premiums and deductibles). Then I'll be able to pay cash. Basically, even with 0% financing I'll still pay off the loan come 2014.

buy one off craigslist dealers are wayyy to expensive not ment to offent dealers but they are to me.

Living in the northern Adirondacks, not much to pick from Craigslist unless I want to travel maybe 200 miles to get to a more populous area.

How long is that 0% good for? Until 2014? If you can get it, it wouldn't be a bad deal assuming you could have it paid off before then.

Supposed to be good for 5 years. The Suzuki dealer said he's been selling Suzuki's like hotcakes because of it. But I suspect he's telling me this because he wants me to get something off his floor. Nothing on his floor that I want.

A sales person will never lie to you. They only want to be your friend and do the best possible deal they can to sell you a bike cheap. Trust a sales guy.

Shop for the bike you want, in stock or can get it in a few days. Get the best price you can, OTD (out the door). No 'fee's. 'setup', frieght', that is all lies and they get reimbursed by the manuafacturer after they sewell the bike.

A dealer can get from the factory in one to two weeks. Very, very rarely are ther none in stock at the manufacturer warehouse.

A dealer only wants to unload (did I say unload??? I meant present for sale to thier nerw best bud) what they have in stock. They will get a bike by order or swap, if they must.

Did I mention, get the best price OTD.

I called both Suzuki Customer Service and another Suzuki dealer but didn't get any call-back yet from either one.

Don't finance a dirtbike. You get 0% when you pay cash.

That is true if they sell for less when you pay cash. Taking inflation into account (which means that you pay your loan with money that is worth less) and the fact that you can actually invest the money, 0% financing can be a better deal.