Sign in to follow this  

Handlebar Suggestions for Desert Riding

Anyone have any suggestions for handlebars for long desert rides?

Would love to try out a set of Flex Bars, great reviews and think they would help with fatigue in the type of riding I primarily do (tech single track and desert). Personally, I'm currently running Renthal Fat Bars CR Bend with GPR sub mount that rises the bars about 1.5''. I am 5'11'' with a long reach and the set up brings the bars to a comfortable height for long periods of standing, liked the set up enough to transfer from my old CRF-R to my CRF-X. They are about 4 years old and have taken their fair share of drops and get offs, that's for sure!

So, you are 5'2" right?

I am 5'10. I had the stock Renthal bars, but my buddy hit me from behind and now I am stuck with some bent bars. I was looking at the Pro Taper Contour Pastrana or the Henry/Reed. I would go with the Flexx, but don't think I need them for Baja and plus I just had to buy a new muffler and other stuff after the accident so money is tight.

I have rental fat bar cr high with the Scott's under the bar mount. I'm 5'10" and find it to be perfect for 100% standing and a smidge too high for sitting. Thinking about mounting some lower bars here soon just to try them out.

Flexx bars with a sub mount Scott's damper! Arm fatigue is a thing of the past!

• Like 1

This is such a personal thing, that everyone will have a different answer. It's like asking what you're favorite color is.

I have Pro Taper Contour CR High bend bars, and a Scotts damper. I love it. Any fat bar without the cross brace should flex a bit more than standard bars, taking the sharp hit off your hands/wrists on impacts.

This is such a personal thing, that everyone will have a different answer. It's like asking what you're favorite color is.

I have Pro Taper Contour CR High bend bars, and a Scotts damper. I love it. Any fat bar without the cross brace should flex a bit more than standard bars, taking the sharp hit off your hands/wrists on impacts.

I understand it’s more personal preference, but I have nothing to compare to. Just wanted to get some rider feedback.