Sign in to follow this  

05 KTM 250sxf race able?!

i have a 2005 KTM 250sxf and i was wondering if i could race it effectively against the 2012, 2013 and now 2014 bikes.. basically my question is does the 05 250sxf handle, jump,corner and accelerate as well as the new 250f's.

Edited by KTMsxf05

Set up is key. How effectively it can be raced will really depend on you and your particular skill set.

have you ever seen people race bikes more than 5 years older than thier competitors and ow does the speed of the 05 compare to the new ones

As long as the suspension is set up right for you, I would say you're fine.

have you ever seen people race bikes more than 5 years older than thier competitors and ow does the speed of the 05 compare to the new ones

People do it all the time. Maybe do some searching around here and check out a lot of the bikes people have and race. Your ability is going to be the biggest determinate in how well your bike competes with everyone else. Not how old or new it is. Suspension set up is key as well.

Edited by KcDavis

its the rider. i go to some vintage races and the 250gp and open gp has new and old bikes in it. the 2 top fast guys are on 87 cr125s and smoke all the new bikes that are in it.

Its mostly about the rider: If your AA Class, and go aboard an older bike-assuming it is set up correctly-you will still maintain about the same positions. On the other hand, if you race C class, a new bike won't make you an AA rider.

I wish I had the link of the kid at lorettas that was racing a late 80's cr250 basically stock with some suspension work....kid was killing it!.....the difference for me though is im older and welcome better suspension for my back!