Sign in to follow this  

92 kx125 shifter shaft

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if a shift shaft from a 2001 kx125 will work in my 92. From what I have found the part numbers are the same 13161 for both years but the last 4 numbers on the Kawasaki parts house website are different. Is the due to change in the dimensions of the shaft or is for change in the manufacture year?

You are just looking at the reference number. The part number has nine digits. A LOT of shift shafts start off with 13161. The last four digits indicate a different part.

Check out this thread to see which bikes you can certainly shop from:

https://thumpertalk.com/topic/782610-kawasaki-parts-reference/

Where are you at in Alabama?

Thanks for the help. I found the the 2001 part will not work. It says that 1988 through 1993 part is the same.

I am just north of dothan Al.

I am new to the motocross bikes just getting started.

Good job to check it out. It sure does help when researching and shopping.

I am almost in TN. I actually have a 1992 KX125 parts bike. I was going to say if you can find it in all my junk, you can have it. 🙂

thanks it sure does help when you can cross reference parts it can save you alot. Its how I have put together my 78 yamaha triple. I appriciate the offer on the part. I am always willing to take a ride for extra parts. On this however it would cost me more in gas than it would to order one new. What I would like to find for my kx125 is another jug/cylinder that has not been resleeved or bored out. the one I have isnt in the best shape and has been resleeved but for 300 bucks for the bike I knew I was gonna have some work to do.

Yeah, that has helped me shop and research a lot. Boats.com/net has a reverse part number look up. You put in the part number and it tells you which models it matches to. Those methods don't rule out another part that would fit or work, but is great for what it is.

Good luck on finding a used cylinder in usable condition. Almost all are ran until they pop, taking out the already worn cylinder.

I got mine for cheap, then found out exactly why:

shock rod bent

fork cap damaged underneath

big end bearing broke apart taking out crankshaft, cylinder, piston and head

...mmmmm

Hell, after that I quit counting. 🙂