Sign in to follow this  

Is the stator on the XR400R grounded?

meaning is one of the two stator out puts grounded? I think it is the same as the 600 whic is not grounded which is why when I did the rectifier regulator, I had to NOT ground the chassis of the rec reg. So hook up the two yellow wires from the rec reg to the blue and green wires from the stock stator, then red to battery hot and black to battery ground.....??????

You can see in the diagram that the stator isn't grounded. This is a pic of the stock diagram I modified to show how I wired my XR when converting it to a DC/ battery system.

XR DS Wiring F.JPG

Edited by Trailryder42

You can see in the diagram that the stator isn't grounded. This is a pic of the stock diagram I modified to show how I wired my XR when converting it to a DC/ battery system.

Thanks and that is exactly how I wired my XR600R so it is indeed the SAME. Which isn't surprising! Thanks for the diagram I hope you don't mind I printed it out for reference so I don't have to remember when I get home to nite to wire mine up.

From what I understand, wiring it like I did on mine is called "floating the ground".

Dude, thanks for the diagram! I had to use it because I forgot what colour wires I hooked the rectifire regulator too and ALMOST hooked them to the pulse coil wires....well actually I DID, but after looking againat your diagram, I figured out my problem before trashing anything so THANKS!