Sign in to follow this  

2008 Yamaha XT250

I live in the Northern Adirondacks and I've found only one used bike remotely close to what I might be looking for. It was a trade-in at a dealership. Bike is 2008 Yamaha XT250 with 2,900 miles on it. Didn't spend a lot of time looking at it but it didn't look like it took too many spills in the dirt. Only minor, almost imperceptible, scratches here and there. Tires didn't look too worn. Engine and rest of bike looked good (visually) but I don't know what amount of dealer prepping was done on it. Dealer thinks bike was used mostly for street riding. Most likely is the case. Dealer also said there were add-ons to it but I didn't ask what at the time. Dealer asking price is $2,885. Any thoughts on this bike?

I live in the Northern Adirondacks and I've found only one used bike remotely close to what I might be looking for. It was a trade-in at a dealership. Bike is 2008 Yamaha XT250 with 2,900 miles on it. Didn't spend a lot of time looking at it but it didn't look like it took too many spills in the dirt. Only minor, almost imperceptible, scratches here and there. Tires didn't look too worn. Engine and rest of bike looked good (visually) but I don't know what amount of dealer prepping was done on it. Dealer thinks bike was used mostly for street riding. Most likely is the case. Dealer also said there were add-ons to it but I didn't ask what at the time. Dealer asking price is $2,885. Any thoughts on this bike?

Never mind. I've made the decision that a 250cc dual sport bike won't work for us regardless of cost. A two way compromise (street and off-road capability) might be acceptable for a single rider but a three way compromise (street, off-road, and passenger capability) won't work for us. We're either going with one 250cc street bike or two 125cc dirt bikes.