Sign in to follow this  

Bike won't start

Just got done installing the edge tail kit and now the bike won't start. I hear clicking when I try to start it and the lights seem weak. Can I use jumper cables to start it?

So I'm definitely cool to jump it as long as I don't start the car??

This would be a good opportunity to learn how to bump start. But yes, car off you can jump it. I had a battery so dead once I had to start the car for it to have enough juice to turn over.

Bump start as in catch it in gear? I tried it earlier but I don't think I had enough speed.

Now I'm not sure what's wrong with it. When I press the start button it sounds like a static noise. Is that what it sounds like when the battery is drained? Kind of like a zapping or frying noise. I'm confused.

Put it in second. Push to 10 mph, jump on the bike and as your ass hits the seat dump the clutch. 60% of the time it works all the time. That sound you're hearing is your starter relay, your battery is dead.

Edited by Moterreal

I'll

Put it in second. Push to 10 mph, jump on the bike and as your ass hits the seat dump the clutch. 60% of the time it works all the time. That sound you're hearing is your starter relay, your battery is dead.

I'll give that a try in the am.