Sign in to follow this  

2010 crf250 torque

My 2010 seems to have too much torque.. It's tough to ride down the road because it's either on, grabbing rpms, or off and coasting. No in between. And riding woods the power is just so instantaneous it wears you out.. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Or is it fixable?

Modern MX bikes act like that, they deliver explosive power. You get used to it over time and learn how to control the throttle and clutch better.

Try adjusting your throttle, if it has too much freeplay it will be hard to feather the the throttle properly.

Also if you didn't buy the bike new, make sure you have the correct throttle. Should take about 1/4 of a turn to go from idle to full throttle.

Subtract 2 or 3 example (50 to a 47) teeth off the rear sprocket or add one tooth to the front sprocket adding 1 to the front is like subtracting 3 from the rear. That will make the bike less barky.

good luck

Edited by kawiboy82

The best solution is added flywheel it smooths every thing out and is way less apt to stall taking out some ignition timing in the lower part of the curve also helps get rid of some of the jerkyness.

if you are worried about to much torque you should try to get your hands on a 250x, because if your trail riding and not wanting that much torque you need a different gear ration and thats just what the crf250x has. the r is made for wide open mx races not for trail riding. i do both and i love the torque and power, you will get used to it.

My main complaint is just riding down the road.. It's impossible to keep a steady throttle.

Changing your gearing, mapping and throttle cam will be the trick to custom tailoring the power delivery to your needs.

No I had an 07 crf250 before this.. Had no problem..

I think you need to describe your problem once more.

If you hold the throttle in one position on the road your bike should run at a fairly consistent speed. Will your bike do this?

BTW. Lots of advice here on tuning your bike, but a stock 250R should have very smooth but aggressive power delivery once it is rolling. If your bike doesn't, you have some sort of issue with your bike.

Edited by mudguy