Sign in to follow this  

Is this 2003 yz 125 worth it?

I finally found a decent yz 125 close to me. The seller orginially posted it for 1300 and I communicated with him and told him I would like to look at it once I got back from vacation (the 13th) anyways I looked up the ad again and he now has it for 1400.. I'm not sure if the bike is worth it because it doesn't look too nice in the pics. Here's the ad http://zanesville.craigslist.org/mcy/3910711905.html he says new chain and sprockets and many others but the chain looks rusty and so does the sprocket. The rest of the bike looks just ok I would definitely get a new number plate if I was to get it because that blue one doesn't look good. What do you guys think for 1400? I might try offering 1100 and go from there?

The bike seems half decent. For negotiating ask him what is the lowest he will take. After he replies offer him 200 or so less than that. This has always worked for me. I was able negotiation a $1800 bike to $1400.

Doesn't look too bad but it looks like it was ran! Yz125s are great bikes. Offer him 1000 he'll probly come back with 1200/1300 then say 1100 or 1150 depending on what he says. If there's no budge on price I wouldn't get it. But if he'll go to 1100-1200 get it.

Yeah that's what I heard about them. The only 125 I want is a yz. I'm moving from a 96 kx250. But yeah I'll offer somewhere around that

Then go from there I won't want to pay anything more than 1300 for it since it definitely looks like its been ran. I don't know if its been raced but I do see a sticker on it that's a trail pass for the local trails here. Which I would much rather have it trail ridden than raced

Well nevermind he just sent me a pretty excited text message about.how he sold his bike... wow thanks haha

Anyone I was texting about a bike that sold it out from under me would always be excited! And they usually said they got more then what I was offering for them!

Haha that's halarious and terrible! I don't get it they seem to just want to rub it in your face. He really killed my mood because I talked to him first the day he posted about 5 days ago and have been excited to get home and see it well whatever I don't want my bike from an a$% hole anyway!

Yeah see that's nice and the way it should be. I would do the same thing! Oh well maybe it was a POS anyway

Yeah see that's nice and the way it should be. I would do the same thing! Oh well maybe it was a POS anyway
haha yea! People are dicks!