Sign in to follow this  

BSR-36 jetting BB/stroker

( needle clip 3 with a 150 main)

hey everybody!

so after taking the carb apart and learning/cleaning it. i found my carb HAD a 155 main jet and my needle position was on clip 2. i went down to a 150 main and put the clip to the 3rd position. i found out my pilot jet was clogged and my spark plug was rusty/corroded from the MMT in the octane booster ive been running. after buying a new plug and putting it all back together it runs 10x smoother. what ive noticed is not as much "oomph" when i first hit it but also not as flat after 9,000 as it was with the 155 main/clip 2 settings. it happily pulls to redline now a lot better than before....im wondering if i should be running clip 4 with this 150 main? im going to do a few comparison races with my brother after work today to see how its running now vs before. i was getting a slight bog in the higher rpms when i would blip the throttle. i took the air/fuel screw out 1/2 a turn and the blip bog in the high revs went away. any suggestions as to what ive done? maybe should have kept the 155 main and just moved the needle up higher? i guess ill race my bro later and see first hand if its faster or slower. but some knowledgeable input is ALWAYS appreciated. thanks

And yes I know I need an FCR but I don't have the funds for that just yet!