Sign in to follow this  

College custom exhaust swap

Took off the crappy universal lets make it loud pipe off my 93 xr 250l. I found a stock exhaust off a 06 250X. Came up about 4 inches short of the stock header but with a little welding she fit right up. Looks a little funny but at least is legal for the trails now, and wont make my ears ring anymore.

Photo0181_zpsa8d92e11.jpg

Edited by RideMaine

Not too bad & I agree it looks a little funny, Any pics of the mounting bracket or the muffler without the side cover on? At least you are having a go at some custom modifications rather than bolting stuff on, A bit of inspiration for next time>

https://thumpertalk.com/topic/1030993-trx400ex-white-brothers-e-series-muffler-mod-to-fit-93-xr250/

Yeah that looks 100% better than mine haha. Just trying to get out on the trails and enjoy some riding! If I had a bigger budget I would have bought some pipe and fit it up perfect.

I cut the one I took off and that was just enough to fit the 250X pipe on. Now I have two clamps lol but it works and doesn't leak. Also the kid who had it before me broke off the bolt where it bolts to the frame so I added a radiator hose clamp. It was cheaper than an easy-out.

Photo0182_zpsb6cad090.jpg

Photo0184_zpsc6d36e49.jpg

To be honest, I'm not crazy about your installation but thanks for the photos.

I've been thinking about putting one of those on my bike and this gives me a good idea of scale. It would be nice to see a direct side view without the plastic.

How quiet is it?

haha im not crazy about it either. There is really not much behind the plastic because in order to clear the tire its at an angle more than the stock l exhaust. It does sound nice and is fairly quiet. If I was you I would get a different exhaust. I don't like loud exhaust, and this is much better than what I took off. I have heard the fmf q is quiet and it wouldn't be as bulky as the x exhaust.

I recon the brake caliper will hit the can at full compression.

Edited by waynetheone